Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Wonderful Weekend

The weekend was great! First, Chip took me shopping on Saturday to get some new clothes for my new job, and then we went home and watched some movies and relaxed the rest of the day. On Sunday, Karen came over and we took a walk along the dry creek bed. It was really neat to see all the rocks that were usually under water, and to get close to the tall banks where you could see how much the water had eroded them. There was a nice breeze and the leaves were falling from the trees. Karen said it sounded like rain, which was funny, cause thats what I always thought it sounded like too. We got to talk a lot and visit with the horses. The day went way too quickly. She even brought presents! She baked brownies and decorated them with pink icing, and brought toys for Annie and gave me a doggie scrapbook, that I had been wanting to get forever. It is so cool, the pages are ready for pictures and have little buttons and charms on them all ready. What a great friend.

Yesterday was my last day at work and it wasnt as hard as I thought until it was time to say "See Ya Later" to Karen. Up until that time, we were so busy with month end that I hardly had a second to think about it. Then Karen was ready to go and she kept saying that she wouldnt say "goodbye" because it was not goodbye, it was "see ya later". So that was really hard. But I do hope that we can keep our friendship going strong. Most times you say you will keep in touch and it never works out that way, but I think we are different. Hmmm, gotta go get dinner.

See Ya Later!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home