Sunday, September 09, 2007

Rain!!

Well, it is finally raining. Blessed, blessed, rain. We have been waiting for this moment for a long long time. Last night the beautiful wet drops began, at times it rained quite hard. Then throughout the night it continued and into the morning. I went out to get the newspaper and it was wonderfully silent, as a rainy Sunday morning should be. I felt the cool misty rain caressing my skin, and the only sound was that of the raindrops spattering on the leaves of the trees. The cows are standing right outside my window and are visibly relieved. It must feel wonderful to be bathed in the cool mist after being baked in the sun and dust for the last two months. Such a relief.

By the time fall comes around, I am usually ready to embrace it with open arms. But never so much as this year, after the months of 90 degree weather and drought. I so look forward to the cool crispness in the air and the beautiful colors of the fall season. Of course this year there will be few colorful displays from the trees, as the heat and drought has all but exhausted them,their leaves already crisp and brown. It is such a joy to walk in the woods in the fall and hear the crunch of leaves underfoot, to search for the nuts that the squirrels have not yet discovered. Finally, it feels as if relief from the weather is here.

Saturday was a wonderful day. We went to Sunman and were pleasantly surprised with the quality and amount of the hay in the field. We could actually get a second cutting if we want to go out there. Afterwards we just drove around the back roads looking for some farmland for sale and exploring the neighborhood. Then we went to lunch and shopping(!). Chip bought me a cute sweater for around the house. Then home to relax. It was a really nice day. Now today is raining so perhaps we can hang out and watch a movie. I still have to watch the second season of Magnificent Seven. Can't believe that I havent watched every episode a thousand times yet. But the dvd's that Pat sent me have kept me busy. The day they came in the mail, Chip and I watched 6 hours of Ron Perlman! Together! How cool is that!

Even though it is raining and everyone is relieved, it is very humid out there. I am sitting here sweating. Probably after I have finished blogging, I will finish cleaning the house and then take a cool shower.

Oh, I forgot to write about my purple hair. Well, its really auburn, I guess, but it sure looks purple to me. Karen and I went shopping for some dye, and she picked out the color for me. I thought it would be pretty too, but once it was on it was a real shocker. Oh well, it's fun and I like being adventurous. Now that I am 40, I might as well have some fun. I am thinking of getting my belly button pierced, too. Not positive about that one yet. Perhaps after I have accomplished some of the other things on my list.

Can't say enough about how wonderful yesterday was. It was just a really great day. And I have a couple of books that I am looking forward to reading that may give me some new ideas for my search for purpose. I really, really want to work somewhere where I feel like I am helping people.

Karen is at a craft show and I hope she is selling lots of stuff and getting her name out there, so when she and her sister-in-law open their business, lots of people will go there.

I am going to try Yahoo again and see if Raka is online for a chat. It hasn't been working lately and I processed an update so maybe now I will get my messages.

Also, think I will go for a walk in the wet woods today. It is wonderful to come home from bing out in the rain and get dry and cozy and settle in with a cup of tea and a good book.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home