Thursday, September 20, 2007

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!

Whew! Now I can finally talk about it. A few weeks back I went on a job interview for a great job for the county courthouse. My interviewer spoke of how important the position was and how they were looking for "the cream of the crop". I felt it was a good interview and that she and I hit it off really well. She has the same visions as I do about customer service, procedures, and cross training to ensure a well rounded, successful and confident employee. I was told that it would take about a month to choose the person, and they would let me know one way or the other. So I have been holding my breath for two weeks, hoping that I would get the job. Then she left a message for me on Friday night saying she wanted to meet with me again and to make an appointment to see her. I was so excited!!! But I had to wait all weekend to call on Monday, and I could barely contain myself. When I called, I found that she was very booked with appointments and I was disappointed because I thought that perhaps they were re-interviewing lots of people and that, while I may be closer to the job, maybe not. Of course Chip said "what, you think she doesn't have anything else to do but meet with you? Off course she will be busy, that doesn't mean you wont get the job." Jokingly of course. And he reminded me that I have no control as to whether they choose me or not, so I was really nervous. Well, when I got there on Wednesday (yesterday) she said there were still some papers that needed to be filled out and I thought, "oh, just some extra stuff, and I still wont know anything" but then she said she wanted to offer me the position!!! I almost jumped out of my chair. This is such a great opportunity for me. I will be working only 35 hours a week, and making as much as I was at the dealership working 40 hours. Plus the benefits are fantastic and the opportunity for advancement is great. This is a career.

Today I gave my resignation, and Kathy flipped out on me. But she gained control and Pete didnt freak out at all, so I guess I am staying until month end. Now if they decide to get crappy with me for some reason, we will rethink that.

My only regret is leaving Karen and Harry. But I will never leave Karen behind. She will always be my friend and I will do my best to keep in touch. Maybe we can grow even closer this way because we wont see each other all day every day. Karen will be moving on herself soon anyway and truly I was wondering what I was going to do without her. So this way we will both be in better situations. I want her to be happy, as she has had some tough times here lately.

Karen, whoever they hire to take my place will not like burps. They will not papaya. That is ours. And maybe there will be a great position open for you there too and we can work together again. BURRRRPPPPP!!

Ah, I am so giddy. It was kind of a bummer today because people were mad at me for quitting. But some of them were happy for me. And hey, you all know how I have been looking for my purpose and looking for meaningful work. THis is great for me and I deserve it. After all the crappy jobs I have been through lately with really bad management , I deserve to settle into a career and be happy. Dont poo on my parade people.

More later. Jon, God speed and follow your heart. Take advantage of this opportunity and enjoy every minute of it. Pat, safe trip and lots of fun and joy for you and Helen. Give him a hug for me. Karen, I love you, my friend. Raka, hope you are well sorry you lost your money. I miss you.

Before you act or speak, think " will what I am about to do bring me peace?" Be kind to one another.

Blessings

2 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

congratulations cindy!

i am sure you'll be happy wherever you go.a person like you deserves nothing but the best

take care

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger  Cin said...

Thanks Raka, that goes for you as well :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home