Friday, September 14, 2007

What Would You Do...?

What would you do if you had the nerve? Would you take on some fantastic adventure? If you had unlimited financial resources and time, what would you choose to do with it? Jon has left on his adventure to ride his motorcycle across country and said he will keep going until he runs out of money. Way to go Jon! Safe trip and I hope you find what you are looking for.

I think I would go in search of Ron Perlman, of course. Try to get into a movie or something. I am fairly fearless when it comes to adventures- I will take on any kind of dare, just to prove to myself that I can do it. How many crazy horses have I ridden and tamed. And remember when I was the bait to get Ringeye into the cattle chute? This time last year, I was ready to get up and go. Run. Escape. Not from my wonderful husband, of course, but from my boredom and feelings of uselessness. I have learned a lot since then.

Reflecting back, losing Brandy was so hard for me. But I was glad that she left on her own terms, and that we got the opportunity to tell her how much she meant to us. I remember holding her paw and telling her what a great friend she was, and how she seemed to understand what I was saying. I have no regrets there. And now with Annie, there is the joy and wonder of living life all over again.

I think we get to a point where we get stuck in the familiar, in our comfprt zones, and are unaware that there is so much more out there. Or we are unwilling to shake things up and change. On one hand, I am a creature of habit and am most comfortable if everything is in its place and in order. But there is another part of me that thrives on adventure and new beginnings. For example, at the beginning of this year, I felt the change in my heart and soul, and knew that I was evolving into a new person. That I was discarding thoughts and feelings that had haunted me for a long time, and opening up to all the new wonderful possibilities out there. I find that I have fallen back into the old proverbial rut somewhat, but I am aware of that, and willing to do something about it. Change is in the air my friends. Just keep your fingers crossed for me and send me your best wishes. I need to get back on the ball and start working out and exercising and remove some stagnant feelings. The pull to escape the "same old" started a couple of weeks ago, after I realized I was getting burned out. I got my hair cut real short and got lots of complients. We got high speed internet (finally!). We got a new phone with an answering machine that actually works. Annie joined our family. And my soul has been calling out for some real quality "food". Now, if things just fall into place, I may just find myself right where I belong. Life is an adventure, my friends.

One of my friends is going on an adventure of her own, and I cant wait to get the details of that. Have a wonderful time and a safe trip, and I hope you get to do all the things you want to do.

Its getting dark and the wind is blowing. The curtains are billowing and flapping and it certainly feels like fall is on its way. Very welcome after such a brutal summer. I think I will close here and go for a quick walk in the woods.

Peace to all.

2 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger WritingsForLife said...

I share the same sentiments. Nothing excites me more than the thought of an adventure of being in one :)
Enjoy life. Its short after all :)

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger  Cin said...

raaji, thanks for the comment! hope you have many adventures yourself. Thanks for visiting!Come again :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home