Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mid-Week Ramblings

It is only Wednesday and yet I have found a few moments to blog tonight. This has been one of the slowest weeks of my life at work. We did manage to sell a few cars today, so tomorrow I may be busy, but today I helped Karen a little and did a crappy project for Kathy. It wasn't really crappy, just that I had to take all the old dealers license plates and put new insurance cards on them, and they were filthy! But I managed to get a lot done today.

One thing that really touches me is that people seem to really care that I am leaving there. I mean, not that they will be devastated or anything, but they act like they kind of liked me a little. I truly will miss you all.

Jon Katz spoke about "once in a lifetime dogs" in his book, "A Good Dog". Basically he said that there is that one dog in a persons life that is the special one, the once in a lifetime dog. Brandy was mine. Well, I have discovered that there is also such a thing as a "once in a lifetime friend" and I have found mine as well. This is a friend that you have so much in common with and can practically read one anothers minds. A friend that you feel you have known forever, even in past lives, and know you will know and love forever more. And that would be Karen. Now, I am not really sure if she feels the same about me, but my heart and soul tells me that she is that person to me. After looking so hard for true friendship and pretty much giving up on it after being let down so many times, and even though it is terrifying to admit , lest she not feel the same, I have to say that it is true. I pray that our friendship continues, even though we wont see each other every day, and that we will still become little old ladies tottering around together in 50 years or so. I hope she knows how much she means to me. You do, you know.

Well, I have a feeling I am going to be pretty emotional this week, and I really did not expect that. Of course, I can cry at a sneeze, I am that much of a softie, but I really didnt think leaving Northgate would touch me so much. I really am relieved to be moving on, but will really miss those special people. Good thing that I have this blog to air my emotions without censoring them. Its a great sounding board. P.S. Work seems to be so much easier and less stressful this week. I realize that I know all this stuff, and it is all coming to me so easily now. Go Figure!

Think I will go get a shower now and Criminal Minds comes on in a few minutes and I really like that show. So, I hope everyone is well and happy and may all your dearest dreams come true.

2 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Gaurav Sharma said...

hey nice blog with loads of good quality posts..hmmm...keep it up..im gaurav from http://gaufire.blogspot.com n wondering if we can hav link exchange....

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger  Cin said...

Hi gaurav! Thakx for the compliment. I checked out your blogs as well and they are quite nice. Hope to hear more about you.

Cindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home