Sunday, August 26, 2007

Things That Make You Go "Hmmmmm...."

Here we are, on a Sunday morning and I must admit I feel awful. Chip has given me his cold. Now, usually, he is a total baby when it comes to being sick, yet he was a real trooper this week with his cold- going to work each day and not really complaining. Well, for a change, I am being the complainer this weekend. I haven't been this sick in a long time and I don't like it. Yesterday I felt pretty good though as the cold was coming on and I got the whole house clean- all the laundry done, changed the bed sheets, scrubbed the bathtub and shower (!) , vacuumed and mopped all the floors, dusted, cleaned the refridgerator - well, you get it. Lots done. So at least that gives me a good excuse to lay around the rest of the day and be sick and foul tempered.

Around 3:00 we decided to go get some lunch ( bless his heart, Chip didn't want me to have to cook) and then stopped to rent some movies and get a few things at the grocery. We got a couple of pints of ice cream, he got Peanut Butter Chip and I got Black Raspberry Chip, and then went home with our "comfort" packages. The ice cream went down so fast I didn't know that I had eaten my whole pint. Well, so much for the diet, but it did make my throat feel a lot better. The stuff we got is nowhere near as good a Graeters, though.

That brings me to Harry. Tomorrow is his birthday and we have a great surprise planned for him. He is always buying us stuff and not taking any money for it, so we started a "Harry Fund" where we contributed the cost with the idea that we would use it to get him something nice for his birthday. Well, two months later and we have a pretty good sum, so we got him a gift card for his favorite resturant and Karen is picking up a chocolate mousse cake ( from Graeters of course), and Sally and I are baking cakes for him today, and we are decorating his office tomorrow morning. So this will be fun and I hope he is surprised .

Raka was not online for our chat Sunday ( unless I missed her somehow or my internet was acting up again) and she hasn't returned any of my emails. I hope she is ok, that is my main concern. But also I hope that she has not decided that she does not like me anymore. I can't imagine what I could have done to offend her, but I worry all the same. I am feeling a little abandoned here, by my friends both in the blogosphere and in my own neighborhood. Sigh. But Pat emailed me and let me know she got the dvd I sent her. I hope she enjoys it. She is actually the first person to mail me at my new address.

Being sick makes you a little needy, I guess :)

Annie is really coming along nicely. She went off yesterday to sleep in her favorite spot- behind the toilet. Yeah, well, I keep it clean in there so I guess thats ok, and besides, pretty soon she will be too big to fit in there. She has doubled in size, as I had mentioned, and her attitude has really gotten fun. She has a real personality, our girl. We are teaching her not to bite ( Chip came up with the method) and it is working very well. She is calming down and listening better.

Maybe later today I will feel like going to the farm to check the horses. We have to go get some protein tubs for the cows and if its not too hot I will go out and find them and give them a treat. It has just been so blasted hot out there.

Well, I feel really satisfed with my cleaning adventures yesterday. I am really compulsive about that. My house is by no means spotless, if so I would go totally insane trying to keep it that way with the animals and the farm and all. But I love to keep it tidy.

Well, I think I will go and blow my nose. Be well out there and always be kind to one another.

2 Comments:

At 3:54 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

i have been reading and following your life throughly...but its just that somehow i feel unwanted and worthless in yor life...you are better off without me.you havent offended me...but its just that somehow i feel so left out from your life.
i hope you understand.
take care

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger  Cin said...

I am never better off without you!I hope you read the personal email I sent.

Cindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home