Friday, August 17, 2007

Irrational Fears

There are things we fear that are reasonable and just, and then there are some things we are afraid of that are just really ridiculous. Some fears that make sense would be, losing a loved one , your health, your job, natural disaster etc. Then we have the truly outrageous, and I am prepared to share some with you from my very bizarre childhood.


1) From as early as I can remember, when I was still in a crib, I feared a "boogeyman" who looked a lot like Dracula, who would come into my room and eat my ears, fingers and toes if I was not totally covered with the blanket. I actually believed that I saw him once, thus deepening my fears. I didn't start to uncover my head until I was a young adult.


2) As a teenager, all pointy and sharp things had to be facing away from me, even pencils. If they were pointed in my direction, they might just take off and fly right into me and stab me.


3) A large stuffed horse I had that stood about 3 feet tall was "possessed". At night in the dark, his eyes would glow red.


Probably most of this had to do with the influx of horror movies that came with my generation. We had Friday the 13th, Halloween, The Amityville Horror, Alien, Nightmare on Elm St, etc. I can remember being scared out of my wits after watching some of those, yet I loved them. Now, I am not afraid of the dark ( never was) and actually embrace the unknown ( but not Freddy Kruger).


So, I have bravely bared some of my secrets. Does anyone have any to share?



Wowie, we had a super Ron-a-thon last Saturday. It was incredibly hot and we didn't feel like doing anything. I got the mail and there, tucked into the mailbox was a package from Pat with tons of Ron Perlman footage! She had copied come of his movies and conventions that I had been looking for, and sent them to me. I was in heaven, and Chip enjoyed the movies too. So we lazed around all day and watched the discs and had a great time. It is so exciting to add these to my collection. There are only a few left that I am still looking for. Pat, you are truly an angel. I can never express how much what you did means to me. Thank you my friend!

Annie: What a delight she is! Already she is housetrained, and will just get up and walk outside to go potty. For the most part she sleeps through the night only waking at 2 or 3 and then 6. We need to come up with some games for her to keep her occupied. She has been chewing a lot lately, but that is to be expected. She's teething and its normal for her to bite right now. We are working on getting her past that stage. Its really great to come into the house after a hard days work and have this little fur missile launching itself at you in a frenzy of happiness. I took her for a walk tonight and we went to see the horses. Nothing really unusual happened, the horses seemed unconcerned, and Annie wasn't overly interested in them. She did enjoy the piles of manure though. Ah, life on a farm.


The heat wont quit and it still hasnt rained. Just have to keep praying for some good soakers to get the pastures back in shape. And speaking of back in shape, I am officially on a diet and exercise regime. Now lets see if I can stick to it. I gained some weight back when I started working again, and that really stinks. So as long as I can remember how good it felt to shed those pounds and how great I looked, I should be able to discipline myself.


Finally, signed up for high speed. It will be installed next Thursday, and I am hoping to be able to download and watch things a lot faster. This dial up has really been getting on my nerves and it takes so long to do anything.


Here is a question to my blogger friends:


What kind of features should I be looking for in a new notebook computer? Any suggestions on brands? What do you like or dislike about yours if you have one?


Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Remember, just let your frustrations go. The only person you have control over is yourself, so concentrate on that and let everything else just roll off your back. Life is meant for joy and happiness, so don't allow others to spoil that.
Love to you all,

2 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

wow the pic of annie is really cute :)

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger  Cin said...

Thanks Raka! Wish you could see her in person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home