Monday, August 06, 2007

100th Post

Wow, hard to believe that we are at this milestone on RamblingRonandRon. Seems like just yesterday that I started the blog. It is a record of my achievements, thoughts, adventures, searches for purpose. So many things. In these posts, I have chronicled the words from my heart, have bared my soul, have grieved and healed. I have truly come a long way from this time last year. The journey has been difficult at times ( though my life is as perfect as I can possibly wish for). Being depressed is no fun, nor is being ill. Now I feel strong, well and confident.

Thank you to all the people who have read and commented on these pages. I truly hope you enjoy. There are so many wonderful friends I have made through blogging. You are all very special, and I wish you love, joy, peace, happiness, health and success in all you do. I hope our friendships continue to grow and flourish through the years. Blessings to you all!

Blogging has become a great form of therapy for me. I can express my feelings as if this were a private journal, yet receive feedback from others, and still remain relatively anonymous. I realize that I am becoming less shy and a little more exibitionistic ( is that a word?), and really enjoy it when others read and enjoy my words. I do not want to be self-centered about it, but it is nice to know that some people like to read what I have to say.

Today we picked up Annie and brought her home. She is the sweetest, smartest little puppy!! Hmmm... Bran, is that you?? She pee'd and poo'd ( I am being demure here) as soon as we got home and put her on the grass. Good Girl!! And when we praised her for going, she wagged her little tail with delight. We stopped at PetSmart and got her a bed, some toys, food and a crate. Chip and I were really hesistant about the crate thing because we live on a farm and believe that they should all be free. But for her safety while she is still so little we needed to contain her at times. Well, she loves it! She has crawled in there three times on her own and taken naps. She sleeps for a while and then wakes up and comes bounding out ready to play. Oh Annie, I think you are going to be a great dog.

Welcome Home, Annie:

May I be worthy, God of new beginnings, of this wee one trotting in my wake. I'm already in love with this wriggly ball of fur with milky puppy breath, needle teeth as sharp as exclamation points, growls that sound like bees buzzing, and bright button eyes that've taken my measure in a heartbeat and know me for the infatuated fool I am. Bless us as we explore the world You've set before us. Down on my knees in the wake of a puppy, O God, is a wonderful place to meet You.

Margaret Anne Huffman

taken from the wonderful book, Animal Blessings by June Cotner


Just between you and me God, thank you for all the blessings you have bestowed upon us.

Love to all

Cindy

3 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Impressionist said...

Congrats Cin!~ :)
I too did my 100th post a few days back! :D
so where's the treat! ;)
:D

peace & love
Jeevy

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

hey cindy....

put up a pic of annie plz...i am dying to see her...i can never have a dog but then through ur annie maybe i will....

have fun and take care

and congratulations on your 100th post!


love you loads,
take care
raka

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger  Cin said...

Hey Rajeev! Thanks! I read your 100th post and commented too. I really hope to read 100000000 more posts from you. The treat? Hmmm, how about a Mustang?? ;)

Raka, the pics are on their way soon. Had some technical difficulties with the camera. You will have a dog someday, but till then you are welcome to share Annie. Lotsa love

 

Post a Comment

<< Home