Friday, May 11, 2007

Thoughts

This week was both relatively quiet and also pretty stressful. Now how can it be both ways, you might ask. Well, I had lots of deals to do at work and only just got caught up today. But nothing stressed me out to the max. I just don't like being totally caught up each day, but that's something I will have to get used to. Plus I had this awful experience with the license bureau on Thursday. Lady really pissed me off. She did not know how to process my title to the van over to Prudy and Mike, so she was giving us all kinds of trouble and then flat out refused to do it for us. You all know that bad customer service really drives me wild. Plus its been kind of hot and I hate being hot and sweaty. It only puts me in a bad mood. But all in all it has not been a bad week for me.

Karen seemed to be feeling a little better today, so thats a good thing. And Sally brought me some lemonade honeysuckle. I have to try to root it cause it is gorgeous and I think it will look great at the house. Karen "stole" a piece too :)

I finished reading Marley and Me and it was a really good book. Of course, it made me cry. But in a good way. I am just now beginning to get my grief over Brandy under control. Funny, when she first died, I missed her horribly, but lately, I have missed her more than ever. It is like a hole has opened up inside my heart where she used to be. But I have been given some pretty strong "signs" that she is still out there, so I must just be patient and let her come to me when she's ready.

Its really hot. Muggy and humid. I imagine it is pretty much worse in India. Raka talks of the heat sometimes, and it must really be blistering there. What would she think about the snow and ice storms we had last winter? I like it best when the weather is in-between. Like in the fall when it is still warm, but cool and crisp too.

When I got home tonight, Chip was mowing the front yard, so I changed clothes and got out the hand mower and we got some of the back yard done too. That way there is less work to do tomorrow. I would like to plant the ivy that Karen gave me and the tomato and pepper plants we got. And the kids are coming over tomorrow. I promised that we could bring Rusty up to the house and give him a bath. He will like that. Since he is not shedding out, he gets all these hunks of hair all over himself and gets really hot and sweaty. Maybe we can get all the loose hair off and get him good and clean and he will feel a lot better.

None of us has felt too well this week. Sinus or allergies or something. Lets hope that the weekend will be a great time for us to recover and we will all feel much better.

Karen took me out to IHOP for my birthday on Monday. (thank you, Karen!) And Kathy took me out to Cracker Barrel on Wednesday ( thanks Kathy!) Its so nice to have friends. I want to get Karen to come out and drive the Mustang with me. She has never driven a stick, so it is time for her to learn, just like me.

So far, one week into my 40th year, I have accomplished a few things:

Made healthy meals all week
Driven the Mustang
did not stress about work

Lots more to come. Lets see... I have to find a bar with a mechanical bull. A place to fire walk. I am going to learn to belly dance ( I have plenty of belly) and to juggle. I would also like to climb the Purple People Bridge. Since I am terrified of heights, that would be a good one. Plus, there is sure to be more. Any ideas, people? What do you think I could try?

Strangely, I feel a little older this week. I know thats silly. But I looked in the mirror and saw a much older person in there ( albeit much, much happier and more grounded). So my goals are to become healthier and stronger, and as always, wiser. I keep remembering people that I have run into who seem like just random meetings, but may be much more. People who touch your life for only a few moments, but leave a memory behind...the lady at the grocery store with the farm, the lady at the store who wished me a happy New Years, so many more. And then there are the people who you get to know who touch you so much more, and luckily, you get to be around them a lot.

So this blog is about my journey (we already knew that) and now I am even more determined to learn and grow more. I just need to be less obsessive about some of the things that take up my time, like housecleaning and work. Do what needs to be done with a happy heart and then go on to do what you love to do. I haven't taken much time for Ron Perlman lately. Well, that is one dream that I may never realize. But then again..... Ah, Ronnie. Again, it is the journey that is the joy, not just the destination. I am thankful for so many things in my life and have truly been blessed. I just need to be sure to make time for myself and for Chip, so we can do the things we love. Its nice to be able to relax and enjoy things.

Getting a little headachy and I think I will go and get a shower now and then put on a load of laundry. That way all I have to do tomorrow is vacuum and mop and the house will be all clean!
Also have to study for my Notary exam. That is next week and I am really nervous. Keep your fingers crossed for me, ok?

So peace to all!

1 Comments:

At 5:00 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

seems like you've had quite an eventful week..and the celebrations eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home