Friday, May 18, 2007

Master Master

Yahoo!! I took my Notary exam yesterday and passed. I am now an official officer of the court!! When I got to work and told them, they were happy for me. Sally said that they should call me "Master Master" since I have my Master in Microsoft and now my Notary. So we had a lot of fun and teasing at my expense. We all are bonding so well. Its nice to feel good about the people you work with. I thought I would never be able to care about co workers again after the bank, but I find my heart opening up and letting these people in. ( the special ones at least). It was quite a day today at work. They held back deals all week because of a special promotion and gave them all to me today :( Yuck! But I got everything done that needed done for the promo and some of the other stuff, and have just 9 deals waiting for me Monday morning. And of course whatever else they sell this weekend. But I will get it all done. No pressure. No worries, mate. Remember, I am learning a life lesson here. I don't have to be in control of every little aspect of my job. There is always going to be something ( or a lot of somethings) up in the air, needing fixed. Just take it day by day and deal by deal. With my personality, I don't like to leave things undone. I like all the dishes washed, laundry done, bed made. It makes me more comfortable. But here, it just isn't like that. There will almost always be work waiting for me, no matter how much I do. So I will get used to it and not stress about it. This is good for me.

Karen left early today. Golly I missed her. She went to visit her brother and sister-in-law on their farm for the weekend. I hope she and Zoey are having a really good time. The weather should be perfect. Karen missed me being silly today. Stephanie had a radio, and Footloose came on and she turned it up and said we should dance. So I got up and did my best Kevin Bacon, and they were rolling. Kathy was watching me through her window and was laughing too. But after such a rough day, it was fun to cut loose and be crazy. And really, right now I am not one bit concerned with the work on my desk :)

So there is another thing to add to my list of accomplishments I have made for my 40th year. I am a Notary. And I am juggling two balls. I know that is not really juggling, but its something that I couldn't do last week :) Then a dear friend told me she used to juggle and ride the unicycle! Ha! I almost fell over! She is sooo cool!

We need to go to Bobby Mackey's bar and spend a night there too. It is haunted, you know, and famous. So a night in a haunted bar would be fun, and scarey. 'course the old farm house is supposed to be haunted too. Hmmm. I am rambling.

This weekend is supposed to be nice so I hope to get my flowers planted in Brandy's garden and get some more soil to add to it. Plus I have to plant the ivy and vine that Karen gave me. And the honeysuckle that Sally gave me. I love having the yard all pretty and full of flowers.

I am looking at the picture of Brandy that inspired my poem. It was taken in the spring after she had her stroke. She is laying in the back yard and was rolling on the ground and playing ad then looked up and smiled and I took the picture. Because of the film and the sun, the yard looks like it is golden colored. Plus she is a Golden Retriever, hence "Fields of Gold" Sorry Sting, didn't steal the name from you. Ah, someday old friend, someday.

Got to go to O'Charleys for dinner Wednesday night. Bonnie was behind me on the road and followed me into the driveway and asked if we wanted to go out. So we did! It was fun, especially since we almost never go out. The food wasn't all that good, but it was ok. And just getting to socialize with family was really neat. Bonnie is really great. She has really been nice to me and it was great fun to help with the family reunion last year. I wish we could spend more time together. Her husband Dave is really nice too. And they have a couple of really great kids. Its great to have family living close. Chips sister lives right next door, my mom and dad live next door, and Bonnie and Dave live next door. Of course, they live on the other side of the farm, so we are not all right on top of each other.

We have been spending a lot of time on the patio lately. It is so nice after it gets dark and we turn on my little lights that I made and hung in the ceiling rafters. Then we just curl up and watch tv and the stars. This is such a great life. It is wonderful to be content with your life and what you have. I really couldn't want for much more. Sure we could have more money and have the house remodeled like we want it, and make some improvements to the house, yard and farm. But really, those all are things we can accomplish with time ( and money) . And I have the greatest husband, and the bestest pets and friends.

Got two things from ebay this week!! A packet of clippings of Ron Perlman, and a French magazine with a picture of Ron and Opal. Can't wait till they come. I love getting clippings, because I can organize and categorize them and have lots of fun with them.

I've rambled enough for today. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Love, and Peace to all!

4 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger Impressionist said...

Cool!!
Congrats on passing the exam!:)
good luck! :D

peace & love
JeeVY

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

hey congratulations!!!!!!

*HUG*

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Sharad Mathur said...

Master Master
congrats!

sharad

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger  Cin said...

@Rajeev:
Thank You!!!

Raka:
Thanks, hug back atcha!

Sharad Mathur:
Thank You !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home