Sunday, April 01, 2007

Super Granny!!

Yesterday Mike, Prudy and the kids came over and we got to spend some quality time together.First, it was such a dreary day and Chip and I were exhausted so we weren't really looking forward to company. But when they got there the whole day brightened up. Sydney got to ride Shadow for a few minutes and we played on the gravel pile, which Sydney loved tremendously. She would climb up it and then find an interesting ( and sometimes undignified) way to run down it, and I had to follow her exactly. What a hoot! They were all laughing at us. The funniest way was running down while kicking your butt and flapping your arms. Ok, but you try that on a pile of gravel! I am quite dexterous, if you ask me. And how many other grandmas do you know of who would do that? Then we played dress up again with items out of my "special" drawer. Yes, I really do have a pair of bunny ears.

And we talked about the puppy thing again. I am so confused. I guess the best thing is not to push it and wait. When the time is right the puppy will come. I am just battling with this whole Brandy thing. I want to fill that hole in my heart with another golden, but nothing will ever replace Brandy. So I don't know if I feel guilty about getting a puppy or not. No one will ever take her place, and she will always be a part of my soul. I guess I really need to just sit back and let her come to me when she is ready.

Its a beautiful day and we saw a turkey in the back yard this morning. I hope she has a nest somewhere close and will be hatching some chicks soon. That would be neat to have some wild turkeys here again. I think I am going to take a hike in the woods and look for some antlers and stuff. The house cleaning can wait till later.

1 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

hey looks like someone had some real fun....being with a kid always makes u fel like one and it brightens your day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home