Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Week In Review

We create our own reality. How true this is. The book I am reading by Deepak Chopra is extremely interesting and entertaining. I find myself reading the same paragraphs over and over and finding new meaning each time. It is one of those books that you have a hard time getting through because there is so much to absorb, and you stop and think to yourself what the message is that you are receiving from each sentence. He is stating some ideas that I had not thought of before, about peoples perceptions of heaven and hell and the afterlife. We experience whatever it is that we expect to experience.

And that takes me to my next subject- work. Again I was anxious to get to work on Monday and get caught up from the weekend, only to discover that there was no work on my desk. They don't start to turn in the deals from the weekend until later Monday afternoon, when the approvals come from the banks. So why get all worked up on Sunday night, worried about a pile of work that doesn't exist? Yes, the beginning of the week is usually busy from the weekend sales and stuff, but as the week goes on, the work slows down. So really, I have the whole week to get caught up and start over again. And besides, I am getting better and faster and more confident in my work, so that speeds things up quite a bit. Thursday Yvonne took the day off and there were some new things in the deals that I had not experienced yet. I felt overwhelmed and in tears at one point. I told the girls, "girls, I am going to freak out here." and they gave me lots of support and Karen kept saying " if you cry, you'll pee your pants" which just made me laugh. Anyway, after I calmed down and worked on it, I found the task to be quite easy. And Friday Yvonne took off as well, and the day went swimmingly. I got a lot done, about six deals and some extra stuff too. So, I CAN do this. And like I have said before, I don't need to stress out about this. I have pleanty of time throughout the week to get everything done. Remember this, Cin. You create your own reality.

We bought a van last Friday. It was a trade in and they put a lot of money into it to get it in top shape. We got a great deal on it. So now I am looking more like a soccer mom in my bright purple mini van. I miss my truck ( we kept it of course, but I have driven the van all week to work) but the savings in gas are astronomical. I filled the van up on Saturday, to take it home. It cost 42.00 to fill it up and I have driven it all week and have only used a little more than a half tank. Conversely, the truck would have taken 100.00 or more. So now I am driving the "grapemobile"as Chip calls it.

Spring is right around the corner. Yesterday was around 60 degrees and when I got home I opened the windows and doors to air out the house a bit. Being trapped in the closed up house all winter with two elderly and very gassy dogs has been torturous! When it gets warm enough, I will get out the carpet cleaner and really clean the family room carpet.

Ron Perlman: He is set to do a couple more movies, I Sell the Dead and Standing Down. Then he starts on Hellboy II !!!!! Can't wait to see that on the big screen. He was at the premiere of 300 and did a video interview, which for some reason I can't get the entire thing downloaded. Pro Life should be released soon and of course I have to get that. I picked up Scooby Doo- Wheres My Mummy on Thursday as a little gift for myself. But Ron has so much new stuff going on that my collection just keeps growing. I lent Hellboy, and The Trial of Old Drum to Karen so she could experience the awesomeness that is Ron Perlman.

So that's about all I have to say for now. It was raining today and we are still in the house, which is fine with me. I am a little tired and sleepy and would like nothing better than to curl up with my book and read a while, and maybe watch some Beauty and the Beast, which I have yet to view. And cookies. And tea. Rum and coke?? It all sounds so good. I also need to study for my notary. Usually I love to study, but lately I have been burned out from learning new things.

The pond is beginning to thaw, and I know that the fish didn't survive the winter. Shame. The winter started out so mild and nice that I didn't bring them in from outside. But the pond froze quick when we got all those ice storms. Sorry guys. I will clean out the pond this Spring and get it ready for a new crop of fishies.

Rake mailed me!! I was so worried about her since we didn't get to have our Sunday chat and I hadn't heard from her all week. I was really afraid that I had done something to offend her, or that she had decided that I was a nut case or something :) But lo and behold, she mailed me and I feel so much better. I really enjoy my friends at work, who I see every day and are really funny and sweet. But I connect with Raka on a level that I cannot explain. We are continents apart, but it is the same sky we peer up at each evening. It is the same Sun that shines on us all.

Funny how I have changed my outlook over the past few months. I have given up on some old dreams, but will never forget them. My soul feels more still, as if it is content for now. I will never become an actress. I will never work with Ron Perlman. I may never become a published writer. But fantasies are not a bad thing. It is just that my world has become full of reality now. And the reality that I have created is good.

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

cindy...i am really offended you know now..i cant really belive you think i am capable of such things...i take all my relationships very seriously...even this online friendship of ours...why do you think i donot like you...i think i like you more than any other person on earth at this time of my life...ure closer to me even more than samik is....ure indispensable to me...i fail to see why you feel as if i will someday just disappear leaving you...never doubt my friendship i know how lucky i am to find you and i am a fighter and a survivor i wont let go of this so soon...trust me....today i am sending you a link...a secret link...whether i write uncensored things without masquerading...its for your and my viewing and just no one else...i don't trust anyone to know my deepest thoughts and feelings...hope this will assure you that u are indeed a very dear friend ,who has come to mean a great deal to me

http://dissimulatedthoughts.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home