Friday, March 02, 2007

Whatta Week

What a week this has been! This whole end-of-month, first-of-month thing at work is really harrowing. Now that it is over and I am looking back on it it really wasn't too awfully bad, and this was just my first month at work. So the better I get, the faster I will get and the easier everything will be. Note to self: look back at this when next month end rolls around and I start to get freaked out. Everything got done and it really wasnt too very hard. You can do this.

The new twins both died. Last Saturday I noticed the one baby was real lethargic and I knew something was wrong. We got some medicated milk in her and I snuggled up with her in the hay and she got some sleep. When we left for the day we bedded her down good but she was gone the next morning. The other baby seemed to be doing well, but started to act sluggish on Wednesday night and on Thursday she was gone too. Heartbreaking, I tell you. Well, they'll be back around.

Am looking forward to my weekly "date" with Raka. We have such fun conversations. Now that I am working, I have little time for the internet. I get home, fix dinner, clean up and get ready for the next day and start all over again. But I am having such a good time. Nothing like the bank.....

I would like to relax a little this weekend. I have been keeping up with the housework, so all I have to do is vacuum and mop the floors ( living on a farm, that is a daily thing). After we get done with the farm chores I would like to settle in on the couch and watch some Beauty and the Beast. I haven't got a good Ron Perlman fix in a while, and hey, I deserve it. Also have my Deepak Chopra book to read and some magazines. Like I said in a previous post, I am feeling really "nesty" and can't wait for spring so we can air out the house and start living outside in the sunroom. I will put lots of plants and flowers in there, and get it cleaned up from the winter mess.

Some things I enjoy:
A warm Spring day
the smell of fresh cut grass
the sound of the cows and horses eating their corn
chocolate fudge brownies
Aaron Copeland music
being organized
a clean house
free time to relax
time with Chip
riding Rusty when he is being good
Ron Perlman
a sense of accomplishment

Just had to run out and help Chip pull Kiki out of the pond. Dummy somehow walked into it and sat down in it. Thank God it's not too deep. These animals are really testing my patience these days. But they are our old friends and we have pledged to love and care for them. There is a Pedigree dog food commercial that just kills me every time I see it. It's a bunch of dogs in a shelter saying how they don't know how they got there, but they know they are good dogs. Pedigree is helping shelter dogs find homes. God Bless them.

Think I will go and relax for a while before bed. I have to think of some interesting things to write about ( not that anyone else reads this anyway) . If anyone is, then to you I say Peace and Happiness to you!

3 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

ohh both the twins died?i am soo sorry :(

u have a pet named kiki?samiks nick name is kiki....:)

even i look forward to our "dates"...simply love them

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

hey cindy..i have been worried sick about u...dont know what happened but i guess i wasnt home the other day for our little chat..i am really sorry...hw r u?and what r u doin?u havent even updated ur blog?do write back soon

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

no more updates still.........hw r u?i mailed you today...do answer whever you get time

 

Post a Comment

<< Home