Friday, March 16, 2007

A Good Week

This week was not bad by most standards. The first part of the week the weather was positively balmy and we were able to open the windows and the patio door and let the fresh air in. The pond thawed out and I discovered that at least one of the fish survived the freeze. Soon the grass will begin to grow and with that the flowers and trees will start to bloom. The bucks should be losing their antlers soon too, so maybe I will find a nice one this year. That is another thing that I remember finding that seemed like a sign from above. I was walking in the pasture and something made me focus my attention on a tree and a white object caught my eye and I walked over and found a huge antler. I mean, something told me to look over there. And when Nix was born, something told me to go walking through the woods ( not my normal path to the barn) and there he was, abandoned and starving. Had I not gone the opposite of the way I normally did, he would have perished and no one would have known any better. So I am really looking forward to the Spring and nice weather. And the cows now are more self sufficient. As soon as the grass begins to grow we can start taking some nights off from the farm.
I also got the two bull calves banded on Sunday, so we had no bulls left, and then of course Katie went and had a bull calf on Wednesday night. But they are both well and he is a really pretty calf.

Work is going well. It was my first week on my own, with Yvonne in her new job in the service department across the building from me. I only had a few questions for her, and Monday and Tuesday were not so daunting as I was afraid. I got all caught up and had some extra time to clean up some schedules and do some extra things. I hope that I will be efficient enough for the end of the month tasks. But I am sure that Yvonne will help me out if I have any questions. Sally said some mean things to Karen ( sweet Karen) and so the next time she said something mean I stood up for Karen. That did the trick and Sally has been very nice to me since, and Karen too I think. I have to be careful cause I feel like I may be gaining some weight back, since there is always some kind of goody in the office. Today was donughts, cup cakes and cookies for St Patricks day. I only had one donught and nothing else so I was good. But I am losing weight and feeling so good that I don't want to gain any. I have been looking damn good in my jeans ( and out of them ) . Lets keep it that way.

Raka and I mailed each other. She was pretty perturbed that I said I was afraid she had lost interest in me. Truly, I have faith in our friendship and know that she is not that kind of person, nor am I. No matter how busy we may get, I believe that we are always in each others hearts and thoughts. I wish we lived close by and could get together and hang out, but alas, we are half a world apart. It really amazes me that we came upon each other. I just happened upon her blog and was sucked in entirely with her beautiful words and thoughts. She seemed so much like...ME! And when I took a chance and commented to her, she answered and we became friends. I do not take his lightly, you know. It is another of those events that I believe was meant to be. All of the best things in my life have happened by chance. Meeting Chip, Getting Brandy, so many others.

The book I am reading had begun to get pretty intense and technical. Deepak Chopra has gone into the physics aspect of the afterlife and matter and energy. Very deep stuff. I am fascinated by physics and especially metaphysics, even though the theorys are so far above my comprehension. But anyone who reads this blog knows that I am this way.

Getting late and I am getting a sore back from hunching over the keyboard. Pro Life comes out on Tuesday and I am going to pick up a copy as soon as I can. I hope there are some good extras with Ron Perlman in them. There were some interviews with Ron on the internet this week too.

So all in all not a bad week. Lots of Ron, Good days at work, a loving husband, and a beautiful and beloved friend named Raka.

Love to all...

1 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

muaah cindy....

you know i can never be vexed at you,and i feel just as lucky as you do,having you in my life....you are just too good to be true...i must have done something good to deserve you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home