Friday, January 05, 2007

Quiet Couple of Days

Nothing much has happened the last two days. Spent most of the time getting income taxes ready and re-doing Quicken. Should be all set now and much more organized than in years past. I guess my schooling really did pay off. Before that and I would have been terrified to try to clean up my Quicken files. Maybe I should look into doing taxes for people this year. I don't really want to go back to work for H&R Block, but maybe I could make a couple of bucks doing private income taxes.

Mom called today and said my Dad's graft was clotted and the dialysis clinic was looking to send him to the hospital for surgery. After several hours, they were unable to find a hospital that could take him right away, so his surgeon decided that it could wait until Monday. They think he will be fine without dialysis for the weekend and he has enough circulation in his arm that there is no danger there. I worry about him. He does not like to admit that he is older now and not as strong as he used to be. And they don't like to ask for help so I have to just sneak in there and do whatever it is they need done. He cracks me up. He was amazed that I lost weight, and actually complimented me on it. My God, I haven't heard him say anything nice about me in forever! Then my mom started talking about all my grey hairs. Ah, there are the parents I remember.

Raka recommended a book, the Alchemest and I ordered it from the library today. Can't wait to read it, she says it is really good. She didn't mail me today so I hope all is well with her. In such a short time I have become very fond of my new friend. She has much to teach me and hopefully I can also help her in some way. You all know I believe in fate and karma, and I feel like Raka is a gift in my life.

I have officially decided to , and have, put the bank behind me. I might have mentioned this in an earlier post, but I feel a great peace about it now. It was two years ago next week that "the evil ones" did their dirty deeds to me, and I can honestly say that I have come to terms with it. It was a most unpleasant experience, and things were never the same for me there, but had it not happened I would not have left to go back to school and my life would not be the way it is today. Not that the last year was easy or anything. Anyone who read this blog knows it was a very hard year for me, with struggles with illness, and self confidence. But I am here and things are much better. Anyway, I feel that quiet peaceful feeling when I think about the bank now. I'm over it.

Something is calling to me. It is very soft right now and I can't quite make it out, but I know it is there. There are several possibilities and I am going to stay open to them all and let things come to me. Instead of the desperate empty feeling I had when I was determined to become an actor, I am filled with a calm reassurance that my purpose is being revealed. Maybe more than one. I am becoming unstuck, and grounded. When it stops raining I may go and walk the place and see if I get any ideas.

Ron was in Afuro Samari last night but I did not see it as we do not have cable tv. I will wait for the dvd to come out. Also still need to get 5ive Girls. And of course I have pre-ordered Beauty and the Beast season one.

Looking forward to planning and planting Brandy's garden this year. It will be all pink again, of course. I would like to really pack it with flowers this year, since Brodie got in it last year and ate all the plants. It will be a wonderful tribute to my "once in a lifetime dog". It's been almost a year, Bran. I miss you old friend.

Their youthful years have slipped away
The old man and his dog.
They have a special bonding
That needs no dialogue.

The chase is just a memory,
But how they used to run
When hearts and legs were stronger
And games were such great fun.

Now the pace is slower
For the master and his mate.
If one lags too far behind
The other stops to wait.

Some things we cannot change
Like aging and the weather,
But true friends are quite content
Just growing old together.

C. David Hay

To all a good night.

2 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

hey cindy is ur dad ok now?thankx yet again for mentioning your feeling soo beautyfully about me...i am honoured...sorry for not mailing before its just that after college,teaching a kid family n samik and studies i couldnt manage to mail....i am soo sorry...please donot mind....i ll try and be as regular as i can...hope u forgive me :)

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger  Cin said...

Hey Raka! Thanks , my dad will be fine. Surgery tomorrow. Not a huge deal. Ha Ha! You just write to me whenever you can - you have so much on your plate, I am honored you take the time for me. I will be patient :)

Cindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home