Saturday, December 30, 2006

SIGNS

The strangest and most awesome thing happened to me Thursday. Well, in retrospect it really wasn't all that exciting to anyone but me, but I took it as a wonderful sign. Of course, I was pondering the meaning of it all on Tuesday and Wednesday and feeling quite sorry for myself. So I go to the store on Thursday, still feeling small and insignificant, useless and unimportant. I look down and there is a dime. It is sitting in a crack so it is like standing up on its side. A Sign!! A good one, by the way. I have read that angels use dimes to let you know that they are there, that you are loved, that all is well. My heart lifted as I entered the store and did my shopping. I ended up in the checkout line of the cashier that I really can't stand. She stops to chat to all her friends and doesn't pay any attention to the fact that there are other people in the world. Oh, No! But I figured that my sign had made my day so I would tough it out and not let her annoy me as she chatted with the customer in front of me. The customer declared that she should have been writing out her check instead of chatting and the cashier said "Oh, it doesn't matter, I'm here all day." And the customer ( bless her heart ) said, but the lady behind me is having to wait and looked at me with a smile. I smiled back gratefully. As she was bagging her groceries and I was bagging mine, she wished the cashier a healthy, happy New Year and then she walked over to me and like touched my arm and said " And You have a happy and healthy New Year!". I was flabbergasted. I thanked her and wished her the same . You can't even imagine what that whole thing meant to me. A total stranger being kind to me and after finding the dime and all. It was to me a very powerful sign that maybe, just maybe, the Universe does care about me. I spent the rest of the day in a thankful state, alternating between smiles and tears of happiness. So , I wanted to write about this right away, but this is the first chance I have had. It is one of those things that you don't want to forget.

So, Thank You to the Angels, and to the lady ( whom I also consider to be an Angel ) for giving me hope again. Bless you. And a very happy and healthy New Year to you, too!

4 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

hi there cindy...i am visiting your blog for the very first time today...its really wonderful getting your comment on my blog...like u even i am looking forward to being your friend and sharing a true friendship with u...i simply loved the way u write...very intense and heart felt...do take care....a very happy new year to you to...looking forward to knowing you...do drop in your mail is so that i can keep in touch....
my mail id is...mail2raka@gmail.com

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger  Cin said...

Thank you, Raka! Please do keep in touch. I am looking forward to getting to know you, too.

Cindy

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Dipayan (DeepDiveR) said...

Good for you that you ve found angels around! Badly need a few for myself now though! :) ;)

Anyway merry christmas and a happy new year!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger  Cin said...

Thank you DeepDiver! I wish you many blessings. I think those angels come around when you least expect them, and I hope yours surprise you with much joy! Happy New Year!!
Cindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home