Sunday, December 31, 2006

A New Year, A Very Happy New Year

Here we are, the end of a year, the beginning of a year. Why does this day bring so much reminiscing and sentimentality? Is it not just another day? We like it because we view it as a new beginning. A starting point. Out with the old and in with the new. A push in the right direction. A clean slate. Remember how you would get a new notebook or journal and be so excited for all the new and wonderful things you were going to fill it with, yet at the same time afraid to begin to write on those pretty, clean pages? Each day is a new beginning, a chance to get it right this time. We needn't wait on any one particular day on the calendar. But somehow, this one day is the day that calls for our greatest efforts at change. Let this be the one that is the beginning of the most wonderful, happiest year so far, and let them only get better and happier each year that goes by.

A blessing for the animals:

Dear Father hear and bless
Thy beasts and singing birds
and guard with tenderness
all things that have no words

Good bye to old friends, may we meet again someday

A welcome to new friends. Kindred spirits. May we give one another the things we need, with love, understanding and patience.

A thank you to the angels ( otherworldly, human and animal ) for your assistance and care. I love and appreciate you all.

God, please help me to find my way and do that which I was put here to do. Let my relationships with those I love become even stronger and more fulfilling than ever before. Allow me to grow wiser and kinder, happier and more joyous. Help me find the drive to go, do, and be all the wonderful things I dream of ( and those I have not yet imagined ) and to help make a positive difference in the lives of others. Let patience and wisdom guide me in difficult times, knowing that the good times are just ahead. Let me be special and loved by others. Let me matter. Let me give of myself gladly, and get back what I need in return. Help me to let my dearest and truest friends know their value. Bless us and watch over us all. Amen.

I came across a beautiful blog yesterday. Written by such a beautiful soul. If you are reading this, you know who you are:) This persons words touch me. Did fate bring me to click on her blog? Is it one of those things like the Universe is saying, " Hey, you! Look, there is a person in a whole other country who shares the same feelings as you. You are not alone."? I choose to believe so.

I will be leaving some things behind in the old year. The hurt over the happenings at the bank. The obsessive dreams of becoming an actress. ( I figured that one out. Its not the matter of being a famous actress, but rather what it represents.) The need to change the world. We had Gandhi, Mother Theresa, MLK Jr., and so many others. I can only hope to do my work on a much smaller scale. The dream of meeting Ron. Maybe I will someday, but I seriously doubt that I would make such an impression on him that he would like to call me a friend.

So there. We are purged. The new year is upon us and I am ready to go. No more feeling sorry for myself and feeling inadequate. I am smart, strong and capable. I will find the perfect job. I will be happy, content. I will make a happy home for my loved ones and take care of them and give my all to them. I will try to bring smiles to the faces of all I come in contact with. I will try to be an example of goodness.

A toast:
To old friends, you are missed and never forgotten. Come back to us soon.
To new friends, may you always know joy and happiness. Let our friendship grow.
To friends as yet unknown, we eagerly await you. Come, share with us.
To all the world, Peace, love, joy and hope. We are all connected.

My love to you all. Please all be careful out there. Love and respect one another, care for each other, look out for one another. Be happy. Be wise. Be Love.

Happy New Year!!!

1 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

@cindy....reading your post...made me realise 1 thing...we are soo similiar...like u even i am sentimental about these few red letter days of the year...i am happy despite a lot of troubles and heart breaks because d person i love[samik,my guy]is there with me..soon he ll leave for another city for his new job...but for the next six months he is with me and thats all i care...i must say cindy u think about every1 and that too with soo much warmth and affectiom...loved reading the part where ur wishing you see old friends again,promising new friends your friendship and hoping to meet yet more friends...loved reading every bit...and specially i am honoured and almost reduced to tears reading the paragraph you wrote about me...i am touched beyond expression.....may god grant u all that you dream and desire and much much more...have a happy and a prosperous new year....love raka

 

Post a Comment

<< Home