Friday, December 01, 2006

Rain, Rain Go Away!

It has been raining A LOT the last couple of days, which really stinks because we put the calves in the front paddock and it was nice and dry, and now it is a sea of mud. I go out there to feed and slog around, trying not to fall over. Hopefully Leonard will offer us a good price and come and get them soon. He should be here sometime today to look at them. I went to the sale barn Wednesday to see what they were going for and met a new friend. It is sooo lonely, not having a job!

This holiday weekend was so busy. The best was Sunday when Prudy and Sydney came over and Syd was so happy. She got to ride Ringer "all by herself". Then she helped me feed the cows and while the bull was eating, she petted him and hand fed him. That tickled her so much that I took her in there and put her on his back. She was so impressed with herself!

RON PERLMAN: Saw PRO-LIFE on Masters Of Horror. Ron was his usual fantastic self, especially working with such controversial material. But the show was a bit disappointing in as much as it did not allow for character development, or give us any facts about the plot. Perhaps if JC had another hour to expand on, there would not have been so many holes. Personally, it created an opportunity to have a great discussion with my parents on the subject. They taped it for me and I am going to send a copy to Pat.

I still have the dream of meeting Ron Perlman someday. Still searching for my purpose. I really wonder what significance Ron has in my lifequest. I mean, there is a very distinct pull there for me. The Universe had plans for me, whether they are grand and supreme (like changing other peoples lives for the better), or just me being a good, happy person going about my business and taking care of others and making them happy. And especially because of my life dream of becoming an actress, I wonder if Ron has some (if only symbolic) purpose for me. Remember, I have given up the hope that I will become a famous actor. But, I have been reading some fantastic books on finding your purpose and they have given me some insight. For the record, they are:
101 Exercises for the Soul by Bernie S. Siegel
48 Days to the Work You Love by Dan Miller
Now What? 90 days to a New Life Direction by Laura Berman Fortgang

I recommend these books to anyone who is looking to better their lives ( and who isn't?) Thankfully, I have a wonderful life. I have a wonderful, supportive husband. We are in fairly good health. We are caretakers of a wonderful piece of land and lots of wonderful creatures. Financially we are doing ok (me getting a good job would be really nice, though). These are all things I dreamed of having in my life. How could I ask for more?

Had a dream about Brandy the other night. It was so strange. I am tearing up now as I write this. We were in the bedroom and she was standing there on the sheepskin rug in the place where she always slept. I glanced at her and then realized that she was there. " Brandy, is that really you? You're not supposed to be here, you're dead." I looked at Chip and said " do you see that?" and he did and we bent down to pet her and she rolled over on her back and gave us her belly and we rubbed it and it was sooo real. Then I woke up. I choose to believe that she visited me that night in my dreams to say hello. Oh Bran, I miss you so. Be well, old friend, and come back soon.

Blessings to all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home