Monday, January 01, 2007

A Great Start

Well, the new year is upon us and I must say that today has been a pretty good day. I was determined to leave all the crap behind and to move ahead in a positive way, and all is going well. I have always been an optimist anyway - the glass is always half full, every cloud has its silver lining etc. But it did seem to be a harrrrd year last year. No More!! Got to sleep late and woke feeling refreshed. Chip and I had a great conversation. We went shopping for some supplies to make a shelter for the horses ( Chip is worried about them being out in the weather as old as they are ) and we got the animals all fed and happy for the day. I feel refreshed and optimistic!

One thing that I had forgotten was school and how I got done in just two semesters and then went on my own and got all the rest of my certifications. That was quite an accomplishment, you know. And here I was thinking I was too old and dumb to go back to school.

Making friends. I have made a new friend who is becoming very special to me. ( you know who you are ) I mentioned her yesterday, and am mentioning her again today. All of a sudden I feel as if there is someone out there who understands me, and has the same feelings. I've been thinking... the post a few days ago, when I mentioned how I was feeling so down and then found the dime and the stranger was so kind to me and how I feel that they were "angels", and a sign that all is going to be ok... well, Raka, you are also an angel. Sometimes "the Universe" sends things your way just when you need them, and that makes them more precious than ever.

Got to ride Shadow for a few minutes on Saturday. He was really good. The kids wanted to try a saddle, so we put one on him and rode a bit. For such an old man, he still gives a good ride. My legs are still killing me. Golly, I used to ride every day for at least three hours no problem, and now just 10 minutes has me hobbling around.

New Year. Hmmmm. It feels good. Perhaps I will find my soul purpose this year. Maybe, just maybe, I have discovered it already. Kind of like a tiny piece of treasure poking out of the ground, I am digging away at an idea and maybe will uncover the "mother lode". I will certainly keep you posted as to my findings.

There are also a few job postings in the paper that I am going to look into. One is in the courthouse in Hamilton. That would be sweet. What is meant to be, will be. I have complete faith that when the right job comes along, it will find me. I was looking too hard for a job that was my soul purpose, but have realized that it can be something else besides a job. A job can provide you with a sense of purpose and a way to pay the bills, but a soul purpose can be something altogether different. If the two are one in the same, all the better. But it can be that the job pays your bills and makes it financially possible for you to support your purpose. Ah, I am rambling.

Ron Perlman. Nothing new to report here. The season 1 Beauty and the Beast dvd will be out next month. And supposedly Two Soldiers will be released then as well. We shall see. Other than that, Ron has been laying low as usual, working. Still looking forward to The Last Winter being released. I love a good ghost story, and if Ron is in it... well, what can I say?

And that is about it for today. Time to fix some dinner and settle in for the evening. I feel there is much to be thankful for tonight. I hope everyone has had such a wonderful day today.

Cheers!

2 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Dipayan (DeepDiveR) said...

Kno what? a funny thing happened just last night....after reading thru ur post i was supposed to go over to my friends' for a movie and guess what they had got....'Sleepless in Seattle'....SIGNS u say? I think u are rite....there are signs of joy and bereavement popping here and there....we just need to be more observant to catch em...btw it was great to know how u spent the very 1st day of the new year! cheerio!

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

hey cindy now u r definately embaressing me.... look we are normal humans...everyone is...its just that some people have given into temptations and comitted sins and have become wayward...i am no saint...i hav loads of faults in me...no one is perfect...

btw like deep diver i have seen sleepless in seatle...like u i too belive in signs...read a book called alchemist....it deals with signs in a much more philosophical way...i am sure u ll like it...its by paulo coelho ....its amazing and it s goin to reveal some facts about life which i am sure u will like knowing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home