Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Meatballs

Today I have been making meatballs all morning. I just had to run and get them out of the oven and I swear I almost set the oven on fire! First, I am using a new recipe, Have never made meatballs before. Now I have to stick them in the crock pot and pour the sauce over them and just let them simmer all day. I love the crock pot 'cause you can just "set it and forget it" ( my thanks to Ron Popiel for that quote). How boring is this?? Meatballs, I am talking about meatballs!

Have to get going today and drop off some resumes at the post office and get some calf feed. Then I think I will come home and read a little. Tried to read "Crime and Punishment" but just couldn't get through it. Too dark. So now I am going to read "Tess of the D'Urbervilles". "Emma" was very entertaining and lighthearted and that is the kind of book I like to read.

The rain has stopped for a while and hopefully it will be dry enough to get the tractor out to put hay out. The mud by the hay rings is about 2 1/2 feet deep now. In order to move the rings tonight, I am going to have to wade out and hook a rope to them, and tie it to the bale spear so Chip can pull them out and into a dry spot. Yes, I actually will be swimming in mud. Such dedication! I deserve a raise. Well, really I need a job.

This post is boring even me. I think I will go and do my chores and maybe come back to this later. Wish me luck on the meatballs.

3 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

meatballs.....yummy...cindy...i ll hold u up for your meatballs..if ever i met you u just have to cook for me....i hope u guys dont have a tummy ache today bcz i am salivating here....
hope u enjoy reading "tess" ive read it...its nice but i found it very sad and gloomy...hardy has a beautiful way of potraying nature in all its beauty in this novels...hope u like reading it...i was moved to tears reading it...

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

hey cindy i forgot to tell you one thing...finally i read your whole blog yesterday....i have read many books on cowboys nd farms...horses and the nitty ghitties of a farm life...it was really wonderful...it amazing to think that that kind of life really exists...

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger  Cin said...

Welllll, lets see how the meatballs turn out before we say yummy. They smell good..... Hopefully no tummy aches :)
Cindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home