Tuesday, December 12, 2006

It's A Wonderful Life

So many great things have happened this week. Today was tops, the calves sold. First, let me back up to the weekend...

Saturday: John and the girls came over. We had gone to Tractor Supply to get some gates in anticipation of the upcoming calf rodeo and the cousins were waiting for us when we got home. They brought a new little girl along, Kaitlyn. While the girls and I were visiting, the cop from down the street came over and told Chip that our horses were in his yard. We drove over there and they weren't our horses. These were young horses. The cop was not sure what to do so he called around to see if anyone else knew whose they were and we were going to leave when the horses started to gallop back toward the road and we decided to stay and try to catch them. They pretty much came right to Chip and me and we got halters on them and the cop and his wife took pictures and it was a nice little visit. After a while I told him I would take the horses back to the farm where they would be safe and fenced in and the owners could just find us. So we led the horses over to the property line and let down the fence and took them home with us. The officer was very thankful. Horse mommy came by a few hours later to collect her kids and we walked them home. So anyway - good Karma was borne.

Sunday we spent the day preparing the barn for the loading of the calves. It was an absolutely beautiful day, sunny and warm, one of those days you have to remember because they are so phenominal. It was peaceful and wonderful and I felt so blessed to be alive. We were able to get the rest of the small calves in the barn with no problems and go the gates all ready. I sat out in the lot with the calves and they all took turns sneaking up to me and licking me and pulling on my clothes. Sweet babies. I felt really accomplished- all my chores were done, the house was clean, nothing hanging over my head. When I got home I took a shower and relaxed and read Emma, by Jane Austin. Wonderful day. Do NOT forget this day, Cin, it is proof that life is good and that you are doing your dream work.

So, the whole weekend was very nice and peaceful and gave me a feeling of great joy.

Today we loaded the calves very easily. Our system that we worked out on the weekend worked perfectly. The babies stepped right into the trailer with very little prodding and away they went in about 15 minutes. I got to hug Brodie and say some words and they were off to their new home. Blessings to you all, my little ones. Safe journey. And when you are ready, come back to us again.

We went Christmas shopping after and got all of Syd's gifts so we are finished. It was nice shopping with Chip and it went really well.

Lessons I learned this weekend:

Life is meaningful. There is so much joy out there when you recognize it and allow it to come into your heart. Look beyond the ordinary and see that what is behind the curtain is extraordinary.

Love to all,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home