Friday, February 01, 2008

RIP Ruth and Clara

Two good cows,, thats what you were. Ruth, you were the first calf I ever watched get born, and you were the sweetest most loving cow we have ever had. As I stood over your body and said my goodbyes and gave the traditional "revolving door" speech, it occured to me that I needed to tell you more than that. My life has been blessed with a once in a lifetime dog, and now also, a once in a lifetime cow. You were a good friend. God Speed on your journey. Clara, you were the oldest cow ever, and yet every year, when we felt that surely you would never have another calf at your age, you surprised us. Three times with twins!!!! Yes, certainly you deserve the award for most productive cow ever. We had decided to retire you and let you live out your days on the farm with your friends and family, yet you continued to reward us. You were well worth the extra grain that we snuck you as treats. And I am so glad we put you out into the barnyard this winter with your calf so you could eat all the hay you wanted and sleep in the warm barn every night. Thank you, dear friend.

So to both of you, may you find yourselves in a great green field with the finest lushest most delicious grasses, sweetest water flowing through the most beautiful creek, and all of your departed friends and family welcoming you home. And someday we will meet again.


Thank God for friends. Karen sent me the most hilarious email and it just hit the right spot. I must have done something right to have been blessed with her friendship.

Work was absolutely horrible today and I have to admit that I am unhappy right now and struggling with these feelings. This is a good job with great benefits and I cannot allow someone to run me out. And I am most dissappointed in my reactions to this person and how I have allowed her to upset me. I need to be stronger and not take things so seriously and personally. People do things for their own reasons. How, oh how, can I get over this and stop fearing getting in trouble and being so emotional?

Well, Karma. And a voodoo doll here and there couldn't hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home