Thursday, January 24, 2008

Brandy

There is something to say about crying outside when it is 5 degrees out. Your nose is all red and runny anyway so no one knows, 'cept that the tears freeze to your cheeks. It has been two years since Brandy left us to continue her journey. The years have flown by and there are times that I still feel her presence here. She will always be loved and never be forgotten. Seems appropriate to reprint part of my poem to her, Fields of Gold:

But you go ahead
go along on your journey
follow your path
but dont ever forget me

and we will meet again, my friend
when destinies unfold
and together we will run again
upon the fields of gold.

Annie has not been feeling well and we took her to the vet today. I had begun to feel a sort of panic, worried sick about her but she is going to be fine. Matter of fact, she most likely got sick from the vets anyway, when she was in to be spayed two weeks ago. Well, as long as she is doing better, thats what matters. Last night Chip was saying that she was finding her way into his heart and , darn her anyway, he was falling in love with her. I feel the same. She is not Brandy, but she is Annie. She has identified herself in my heart. Sure, I will always love Brandy, and certainly, she is my once in a lifetime dog. But Annie is earning a distinction of her own. Its all good.

I am looking forward to Spring and being able to work in the garden. Since I didnt do much at all last year due to the drought, I would like to really have a nice garden and patio so we can enjoy the outdoors. It has been a rough month so far, weather wise, health wise and money wise. Seems like we are spending lots of money. I really need to get in shape again and that would help me to feel better. When it warms up maybe I can go walking at work and then again in the evenings with Annie and Chip.

There is so much I want to do, and at the moment I have very little energy. Yup, I am lazy. Maybe I can lose some weight and get a little more active and get more accomplished.

So happy anniversary, dear Bran. You will never be forgotten. Love with all my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home