Friday, January 18, 2008

Working For The Weekend

This was quite a week, really. This weekend is going to be very very cold and so I got lots of goodies at the store and some movies from the library and Netflix and hope we can get the cows and horses fed and bedded down and settle in ourselves for a lazy couple of days. Really looking forward to it. It seems like the best weekends are either the cold snowy or rainy ones, or the warm breezy spring ones where you can open all the windows and let in the fresh air and sunshine. It makes the house feel and smell so clean. Plus, I get to see Karen on Monday, which I am very excited about.

Have been reading that Wayne Dyer book and really can feel my attitude changing. Things really do change when you change the way you look at them. I have been able to be more patient and loving and accepting of others. And, where it used to really bother me about what others opinions are of me, now I can feel myself relaxing about that a bit and saying to myself, "Who cares? I am who I am and if they dont like it, tough". I really hope to be able to break through my blocks and become a better person. I hate how I am so sensitive and how I worry so much about wether or not others approve of me. You know, it doesnt matter, because I am happy with who I am. See how well this book is working on me? And I am not even a quarter way through it. If you get a chance, go check out this book "Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life".

I love my laptop, but it is a little uncomfortable. I must sit funny with it and my back and hands get sore. But it is great to sit in the living room next to Chip and just type away. Much nicer than being all alone in the office. Maybe I will start to write.

So this is going to be a nice long weekend. I will get the house all cleaned up and we can relax and chill. Plus I want to read some more. It is really satisfying to read a good book and truly be able to apply it and enjoy it.

Well, heres wishing everyone a wonderful night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home