Saturday, January 12, 2008

Thinking of something to say

Seems like lately I have just not had the energy to blog. Its not that there is absolutely nothing going on in my life, just that I dont feel like writing anything. Which is good in a way because usually I write when I am sad, or feeling strongly about something and really life has been quite content lately. Plus for some reason I have been just too tired at the end of the day.

At work I have discovered that you can trust no one. This comes from someone telling me and another person something private, and the next day that other person told someone else, who then promptly told me not to believe what I had heard. SIGH. At least at Northgate, I knew that what was said between Karen and me stayed between us. She is like my lifeline. I truly believe that I could pour out my soul to her and she would protect it with all her heart. No matter how bad work was, we had each other. Now I am stuck knowing for certain that I have to be very careful what I say to anyone else my words get twisted and misused.

I will be getting a 3% raise in a few months. It seems that each year we all get the same raise. This means we all get one regardless of how good we do or how badly we do at our jobs. In a way this sucks, because I was always working extra hard to get noticed and appreciated and really here that wont make any difference. If my paycheck isnt going to be rewarded for my hard work, then it doesnt seem quite worth killing myself to be the best. And on the other hand, it is really good for me because I can learn to chill out and not give so much of myself. Save some of myself for Chip and home. Of course, I will still do my best because that is part of my personality, but I dont have to be so obsessed with it or about what others think of me. Hell, this may be the perfect job.

I find I am liking Amy best of all my coworkers. She is upbeat and kind of a trouble maker. She makes me laugh sometimes, where the others are just so doom and gloom. But it is not the same as me and Karen. She is the only person I can share all of my thoughts with. I never have to be reserved with her, or worry that what I say will get into the wrong ears. And I miss our burping!

Annie got spayed on Thursday and she has fully recovered now. She was a bit groggy and sick on Thursday and sleepy on Friday, but today she is flying around the house and playing just like normal. What a sweetie. I wonder if Brandy is in there somewhere after all?

In The Name of The King is out in theaters today. I really want to go. Ron Perlman on the big screen, Yay! We will see. I cleaned the house all day today, and did the farm tax prep. So I am really tired and just want to sit and read a little. I was even too tired to blog last night. But with my laptop running again I really hope to get in more writing time.

Thats the other thing... at work, even if you take on a new position, your salary is the same, so why even take on more responsibility? I dont want to sound like I am copping out or anything, just that there is not much incentive to do well or widen your horizons if you are not going to get anything extra. The only reason to do well is for your own personal satisfaction. This should really take a load off. Oh, but I already mentioned that a few paragraphs ago.

Well, I think I have earned a few minutes on the couch.

Love, Peace, Health and Happiness to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home