Friday, January 04, 2008

This Witch Was Insane!

Yeah, well I toned it down a little for my more sensitive readers :) Heres the story..
Wednesday this secretary from a lawyers office ( I have half a mind to actually identify her and post her phone number ) calls and she is all hot and bothered saying that on Friday ( before the New Year long holiday weekend) her runner stopped by with a motion to be checked and that we told her that we absolutely refuse to check it because we are so backed up with the holidays. Well, first of all that did not happen because there were only three of us all day and I know no one told her that. So then she started grumbling about how unconstitutional it is for us to require her to have the motion be checked, she should just be able to file it. Well, too bad for her. Court rules and all. So she huffs and puffs and keeps trying to bully me on the phone and "J" was sitting right there next to me so I was relaying everything this psycho said to her. And J was telling me what to tell the woman. I reiterated the rules several times and she proceeded to tell me that those rules are "total crap" and just "who made up these rules!?" And I told her the judge did. That didnt really stop her much, and she continued her tirade at me , asking " well in your opinion, dont YOU think these rules are stupid" And I told her that no, those were the rules. And she kept badgering me to tell her what my opinion was, not what I was just supposed to tell her and I said again that no, they are the rules and I am just doing my job. I mean, what did she expect? Was I supposed to appease her by saying that the rules were dumb? Hell, thats my job there. After a bit I again told her what she needed to do to get her motion checked and got her number and told her that J would give her a call and discuss it. Well, J didnt have time to call that day ( it was almost time to close when witchy woman called) and to tell you the truth, I forgot all about it the next day. So I am going about my business and another runner calls asking if the moiton in question is ready to pick up. I looked in the system and saw that it had not yet been checked and told her so and she informed me that someone had called (witchy woman) at 5:00 the night before and told her that it was taken care of and ready to file. So I am all confused and think that maybe J took care of it and I asked her and she said no, she didnt call anyone nor did she do anything with the motion. Then when I tried to find the paperwork, it was missing (the plot thickens). So we go on a mad scrambe to try to find the paperwork that is lost and think, Oh God, this is not going to make (witchy woman) happy. The runner comes in, we tell her whats goin on and J asks for another copy of it to get faxed so she will take care of it. So runner gets on the phone with WW and they go at it and J gives instructions as to what needs done and WW is going to fax the papers to us. A few minutes later I get a call from - guess who?? Oh yeah, WW herself. "oh, Cindy" she says " you called me last night and told me you had taken care of that motion and had filed it for me. Dont you remember?" And I said no, I did not call her and tell her that. So she said louder and meaner " Do you mean to tell me that you are saying that you DIDNT call me last night and tell me ....." And I said "No, I DID NOT call you last night. She said "I DISAGREE" and called me a lier!!!!! Aughhhhhh!!!!! At that same moment the attorney herself got on speakerphone and started in on me. OHHH NOOO!! No way! So I told them they could just hold and I would let them speak to my supervisor. So J gets on the phone and starts fighting with them and they are calling me liar and all kinds of things. ( BAD Karma, Bad, bad Karma) And J is sticking up for me and finally she gets tired of their crap and tries to give them to her supervisor but they would have none of that so she just put them on hold. I was furious, and pacing because J was in my chair so she said "Cindy! take a walk" and I walked out of the office and tromped arouns the hall wher one of the magistrates asked what was up and I told him and he was very sympathetic. I was just coming back when J walked out of her office and said, "come on, lets take a walk" She was so furious herself that she needed to blow off some steam too. So what happened is she got tired of the abuse from these nut jobs and gave the phone to Judge. Well, Judge let them have it big time, and on the record too. ( I want a copy of that recording ) She and J totally defended me and she let these people know that in no uncertain terms are they to EVER treat one of her staff that way. Phew. SO I was truly vindicated and now looking back it is all quite amusing, but I was really offended that this witch was questioning my integrity. But it all woarked out in my favor and I am really glad that they stuck up for me. Being new it would be easy for them to not believe me, but that shows that they do. I know, I know, no big deal. But at the time I could have throttled that psycho witch.

And other than that, the week was ok. My laundry room is totally redone and looks great. It feels so nice in there now when I do laundry.

And we got a sleep number bed. It was delivered on New Years Day. It is really nice and comfy and today for the first time n a long time I woke up early and was actually thinking about getting up and exercising. But I went back to sleep anyway :)

So that is all the boring news I have for today. I hope my power cord for my laptop comes in so I can use it again. Hope all of you had a great New Years and are having a wonderful week. Lotsa love to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home