Sunday, December 23, 2007

Great Day

Yesterday was such a wonderful day. It was close to 60 degrees and the sun was out and it felt more like Spring than the first day of Winter. Chip worked on th plumbing in the laundry room all day to get the washer and new sink in order and today I should be able to do laundry! YAY! It is one of those things that you really dont know how much you appreciate it until you dont have a working washer. So I will be doing laundry all day.

Yesterday I spent the whole day cleaning. The patio is clean, the sidewalk is clean and hosed off, and I pulled all the furniture away from the walls and vacuumed and dusted and wiped down the walls and baseboards. And I spent a good bit of time cleaning out the barn (turd tossing).

So really not much more to report. Still have some cleaning to do and must go to the grocery for some things, but it is a great feeling to not have to rush. Prudy is coming over tomorrow and my mom and dad are coming over on Tuesday, so I get to entertain two days in a row. But it will be a short week and another long weekend coming up so that is somehing to look forward to.

There was an article in a magazine that said that bloggers are all narcissistic, and when you think of it , I do write mostly about myself and my personal thoughts. But, hey, this is my diary of sorts and it is my record of things to remember. It is kind of nice to go back to past posts and see how I have evolved as a person in just the short time I have been blogging. It lets you know that we are continually growing and evolving. And its better than a self help book or expensive therapy. And I do get the occasional comment and an opportunity to meet other bloggers and make friends. I have met some people through blogging who have really touched my life.

Chip just came in and commented on my blogging. Perfect timing, dear. He said it is strange to write the miniscule details of my life, but he guesses that that is what most people are doing. And he also reminded me that we do not live the normal life as most people know it. Most of you dont have all this mud and poop and crazy animals doing crazy things. This is my way of keeping sane. Though really I do believe that I am a bit insane. Just joking.

I have kind of dropped off the Ron Perlman thing lately. There hasn't been anything exciting on ebay, and his new movies haven't been released yet. In The Name Of The King will be out in a couple of weeks and I am hoping it will come out here so we can see it at the theatre. Of course I still dream of meeting him, but am afraid that after that, what then? Its as much about the journey as the destination.

But anyway, dear blog, my mood is so much better since Friday. Here all last week I was depressed and unhappy, feeling out of control, and now things seem to be falling into place again. This is why I blog. To remind myself that even in the darkness, the light is on its way. And I found a dime yesterday, which I choose to believe is a sign from my angels that they are thinking about me.

So I hope that you all are having a wonderful Holiday season, full of love and joy.

1 Comments:

At 5:56 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

wishing you a merry christmas and a happy new year to you,chip and annie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home