Friday, November 02, 2007

A Rude Awakening

Ok, so last night there I was in dreamland, sleeping really soundly when all of a sudden there was a huge commotion in the family room between the dogs. Ugh! I looked at the clock and it was 12:30. I had drank a glass of wine with dinner and it was working so well to make me feel all sleepy and cozy, and now this. When I got to the family room I could see that Annie was playing with the bunny rabbit toy that Karen had given her. Only...wait a minute. Was that toy really that big? What is all that red stuff all over the carpet?? When I touched it was the moment I realized that this was no toy, but actually the biggest rabbit I had ever seen. The cat evidentally brought it in and there were bunny bits all over my house, thank you very much. Annie got a little viscious with me trying to take it out of her mouth and I dont like that at all. No dog of mine has ever been a growler and biter and I dont plan on letting her become one either. So I had to pick up the pieces ( pun intended) and go back to bed.

So here we are tonight, and I cant wait to get the carpet clean tomorrow. I hate a dirty house. Hopefully I will have the energy and willpower to clean everything top to bottom so I can relax. I realize that with all the animals we have, the house will never be spotless and I just have to accept that. But I still like to have a clean comfortable cocoon to live in. Ah, well, everything can be cleaned, and eventually we can redo the bathrooms and replace the carpets and flooring.

This week was interesting at work. I got to stay in the case management office most of the week and actually got to help some people and answer some questions. Some real doozies came in too. Oh, there was this lady who announced that she and her kid had scabies. Yikes! And the very nice albeit strange man in the elevator that weighed about 400 pounds and was wearing a pimp hat and santa clause pants. REALLY, I am not making this up. My bosses catch phrase is "people are crazy and they all come here". Speaking of my boss, we went to lunch together today. It was really nice and I enjoyed talking with her away from the office. I was headed out the door and she asked where I was going and I said Mcdonalds and she asked if I would mind her tagging along. It was fun.

I hope that I learn a lot and quickly. There is so much to learn and I want to be good at my job. Sometimes I just feel a little panicked and thing I will never get all of it. But I have been around the block a few times and know that I can do it. Patience.

And Anita and Lisa have been really kind to me. They have only been there for a little while and they are telling me that they felt the exact same way. I like these people. Still, they are not Karen. But I feel like I carry a piece of Karen with me every day. I think about her and talk about her, and bring her into the conversation a lot. Most days I feel like picking up the phone and calling her to see how she is, but I know that she is busy and cant talk and dont want to bother her.

My eyes have really been bugging me lately. Must be allergies because they are swollen and itchy and teary. I hope to "beauty" myself up and get in good shape. I just need the inspiration and the willpower. Hmmm... didn't I just say something about that when talking about cleaning the house? Hannah just called to see if they could come over tomorrow and so now we are having company. I dont mind, except that I wont get to clean as much as I wanted to. But thats ok, I will clean after they leave. Chip and I enjoy the company.

Well, maybe I better go and get a start on the cleaning so the house is nice for our company tomorrow.

I wonder, do those crazy people look at us and think that we are the crazy ones?

Take Care All

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home