Friday, October 12, 2007

People

Where do some of these people come from? How can people live the way they do and in the awful conditions that they have? Is it lack of education and social status that causes some to falter? Why do some people, even growing up in adverse conditions, rise above and succeed and others allow themselves to become victims and fail? I have experienced a lot of such people in the past week. It is sad to say the least. I understand that if a person is physically or mentally disabled, they may not be able to excel in certain areas, but have personally known some who have nonetheless given it their all and striven for success. So why would an able bodied person refuse to be responsible and work and support themselves and their families? Sad to say the least. I do not sense hopelesness from these people, but rather a total lack of concern for anything. Well, lets hope that they eventually realize their shortcomings and become productive citizens.

There are other people who are incredibly giving and kind. They have no sense of cynacism at all. These people are at peace with themselves. Good way to be. Give, rather than take, love rather than hate, bless rather than curse. We should all learn a lesson from these people.

I have escaped a very negative environment, one where I felt myself being pulled under and almost unable to surface. The people choose to complain and argue rather than to band together and make life better. Really, I shouldn't care now that I have moved on, but there are two people that remain that I hope will find the patience and strength to overcome this place. Just hang in there guys and be patient.

I dont feel that this post is really going anywhere. I guess I am tired and have other things on my mind, namely showering and relaxing. Work went well this week. There was only one point where I felt a little overwhelmed and as if "I will never get this". The week went really fast too. I am learning bit by bit, and as with everything, will catch on as I get more confident and proficient.

The computer guy was putting us in the system yesterday and we all started talking about movies and their sequals and how they dont even watch them because they are never as good as the originals. I said that I hoped that Hellboy II would be just as good and mentioned that they were filming right now. The guy said, "oh, I like Ron Perlman, I cant wait till that movie comes out." I almost died. So we started this conversation about Ron and it felt really great to know that someone else knows what I am talking about. That was fun.

Well, my back is telling me that I must go and relax. Now that it is getting cooler and the days are getting shorter, I am getting very tired and sleepy at night. I could crawl into bed right now actually. Hmmm... I bet this post has already had that effect on some of you, too. :) Ok, Ok time for Cindy to sign off for now. People, take care and be kind to one another, you never know but you may make a big difference in someone's life.

Love to all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home