Sunday, October 07, 2007

A Letter To Annie

Dear Annie,
Happy two month anniversary!
It is so hard to believe that you have been with us for two whole months already. My how you have grown. I remember when Paula put you in my arms when we went to pick you up and you licked my face. Then I knew that we were a family. And how tiny you were. And how excited you were when we got in the car and drove home, first going to Northgate to introduce you to aunt Karen. Such a small little bundle of fur and needle teeth and nails, black nose and eyes, the perfect example of joie de vivre. When we got you home, the first thing you did was go potty and we were so excited and we lavished you with praise. In return, you were equally happy and I knew you were a real smart pup. Also, when we went to Petsmart to get your things, you fell asleep in the shopping cart, just this teeny tiny little ball of fur. You looked like a toy.

And here we are two months later and you have grown at least 5 times the size you were. Amazing. How fun it is to watch you grow and mature. You are quite a handful at the moment, but we can see you learning and understanding. You dont use your teeth quite as often, to the relief of our sensitive and bruised skin. You are still a napkin stealer. You still have to learn boundaries and to respect other peoples food and belongings. But you are coming along quite nicely, and I have to admit that you have quite the personality there.

We went for a walk this morning before breakfast. Rusty was whinnying up a storm and I knew that something was going on so we all hiked down to the farm to see what was going on. When we got to where Rusty was, all by himself and pacing in a frenzy because he couldn't figure out how to get around the gate to the others, you were smart and stayed close by me. After I got Russ through the gate and he galloped on his way, you relaxed a little, ready to continue your exploration of this new place. We went back to the barn where Chip ( daddy) was waiting for us and then followed us back to the house. When Rusty came charging back toward us, you very smartly hid between Chip's legs. Smart girl! So you are learning. I think we all enjoyed our walk.

Now you are sleepy and playing with your toys. Such a good girl you are when you are tired.
Ah, yes. I love you with all my heart, and even on those occasions when you are behaving terribly and I ask myself " are you sure you wanted a puppy?" the answer is always a resounding "YES!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home