Sunday, October 28, 2007

Why I Blog

What to do? To blog or be outside, walking the place, becoming grounded, one with nature. I chose to walk. I have come to a point in my life where I realize that time is finite. Though I do believe that we experience many, many lifetimes in our quest for perfection and wisdom, this is the one that I am blessed with at this time and I must make the most of it for I am truly blessed.

And now I can also see that with my work being so much less stressful, I can focus my energy on things I am truly passionate about, such as:

getting more organized- in many areas
getting the yard in shape
working on remodeling the kitchen and bath
my needlepoint of Bran
gathering and trying healthy recipes and foods
learning a new hobby
getting more Ron Perlman-"ized"
doing some of the things on my list
spending more quality time with Chip

Yes, this is the first time in my life that I am able to (wisely) see that work is work and my life is my own. I can free my mind from the shackles that held it prisoner for so many years and channel that energy into worthwile efforts.

Right now I am sitting on a rock by the creek that actually now has water in it ( a little) and writing this while watching the cows and calves. Most are at the feeder eating corn shalks. THe rest, laying around and chewing their cud. The sky is that perfect blue, with a few big, fluffy white clouds. The sun is reflecting off the big sycamore tree, creating a glow unrivaled by any man made scene. Yet it looks so surreal. My back is warmed by the sun, while a grove of trees on the other side of the creek casts a calming shade. Yesterday's newborn calf is bawling to her mother. The breeze is a bit cool, leaves wafting upon it and settling at my feet- red, yellow, brown and neon green. Beauty!

I am recounting this because it is aso perfect a day and I want to remember it as it is. This is why I blog. To remember, to learn, to share.

Friends have come and gone along the way. Some have stuck, and more are to come. I am blessed for all of them. Each has taught mesomething. I hope to continue the relationship with some, growing closer, learning and teaching.

At this moment it is more important to be sitting here quietly, soaking in the beauty that is. The dishes, laundry and other chores will still be there later. But this moment is now.

If I look back to the first posts in this blog, I can see how I have grown and evolved. This is why I blog. I see that at the beginning of this year I was feeling better, more in control, looking forward to things, losing weight :) I lost a bit of ground when I went to work at Northgate- becoming immersed in the drama that they were shoving down my throat. But I feel my spirit returning. I pray for the guidance to make life the best it can be for myself and those I love, and pray that we all enjoy so many, many many more wonderful days.

Peace, love and wisdom to all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home