Friday, October 19, 2007

What?

Seems like forever since I have blogged, even though its only been a week. Sometimes it is so hard to come up with something to say, and others, there is so much to share.

Work is going well to some extent. I am friendly with the security officers, judges and baliffs and all of my coworkers. It just seems like I am looking for a connection with them, like I had with Karen. I became so used to being so comfortable with someone, and now I am starting all over again. But thats ok, because Karen is, and always will be, special.

Sometimes I find myself fretting over the question of "will I EVER get this??". There is so much to learn and it seems overwhelming sometimes. Well, first- of course it is overwhelming! It should be at this point. After all, I have been there for two weeks for goodness sake. And the things I have learned are now easy for me. It is mainly just putting everything together in the process from beginning to end and knowing the system, and there is still lots of time for that. Jennifer is certainly not putting any pressure on me to learn any quicker than I already am. Remember, I learned the system at Northgate even though I had my doubts. Maybe I am too hard on myself. Lets reflect on all the accomplishments I have made in the last few years:

Become a tax professional
learned Peachtree and Quicken
Learned Bank systems
Got my Master in Microsoft
learned Northgates system
Learned to drive a stick

Um, I am sure there are more that I am not remembering, but you get the point. I am doing this to remind myself that I am not an idiot and I can and will pick up on any new things I set out to learn.

Things are so much less stressful lately. While I miss Karen, I dont miss the crap of Northgate. And this new job really interesting. You know what? I am boring myself! I am just going on and on about the same old stuff. Just goes to show that I am settling in and dont have ( or want) any drama.

Well, not much else on my mind tonight and my back is sore so I think I will go get a hot shower and snuggle in with a magazine. I really wish Annie would get to the point where she would snuggle with us. We all went for a walk last night and it was really enjoyable.

Night, all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home