Friday, November 30, 2007

By Dose is Stupped Up

Yeah, I have a cold. And it was miserable for the beginning of the week too. Here we had this great 4 day weekend and I was sick. And I mean I was in bed all day Saturday. What a bummer. So then I go to work and I am hacking and sniffling and coughing. How miserable. And we had a bit of a meltdown on Tuesday morning what with wanting to get the calves out of here and the pressures of bad weather, lack of hay, old dogs to take care of and etc, etc. So when I got to work I felt all stressed and teary. Jennifer asked me what was wrong and as I was telling her, my eyes teared up and she felt bad so she took me in her office and gave me a tissue. I was laughing, too, because I was embarrassed to be looking so foolish in front of my boss, but she was really cool about it. I mean , she has kids, she knows what its like.

I am hoping to learn a lot more at work, because I am feeling lost at times since there is so much I cant do yet. But I know they will train me, just to be patient. And I have already picked up on a lot of things just by being in the office and can answer a good number of the questions I get. I just need to keep reminding myself that it takes time to learn these things and I have always done it before. I think that when I remind myself of that, it helps. A lot of it is attitude, and maybe I need to adopt a little different one, like less self conscious and more confident.

We are going to sell the calves this week. We planned to take them to auction on Wednesday but Dave just called and said he may bring someone over who might like to buy them. In that case we would have a buyer for future calves too. That would be so great. I was hoping that broker would have come by again this year, but Joe didnt bring him out. But if this other guy takes them , thats probably just as good. A dollar's a dollar. The babies are just starting to get really sweet too. Last year when I wasnt working I would go and sit with them and they would all come around me and sniff at me and play games with me. Well, I just hope we get a good price for them. We have worked really hard to produce quality calves and we deserve to get a premium for them.

Looks like Ron Perlman is going to be in a new movie coming up. He is just too busy. Good for his fans though.

Cant think of anything else to say. Talk to you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home