Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Fowl Mood (pun intended)

I am having a mini meltdown for sure. No it really has nothing to do with Thanksgiving, that is all under control and no big deal. We just finished the first part of the stuffing and tomorrow we will add the bread cubes and stuff the turkey and stick it in the oven. What has me off is the fact that I cannot seem to keep a clean house. I run off on this tangent quite often, really, and I dont know why all of a sudden tonight I decided to have a tantrum about it but I sure did. Probably because Kiki took a crap on the ramp and Chip stepped in it causing him to ski down the ramp nearly busting his rear. Then he brings his slippers into the house slathered in shit and wants to clean them. Also it got on the rug on the patio. Then the cat gets on the table and gets hair all over ( god I hate cats and their evil way of getting on the counters and tables - that is sooo gross and I have no way of stopping them short of a couple of bullets. And the puppy is just driving me insane. Grabbing everything she can get her teeth into and racing around the house with it. She shredded a newspaper tonight while I was at the barn feeding and I got to clean that up right away. I have had a headache for days and was feeling quite ill this evening and just really wanted to take it easy and enjoy the beginning of a loooong weekend. But it just seems like I am always following everyone around with a mop and vacuum and constantly cleaning. Ugh! Whats a girl to do? I want a clean and cozy house, but it is so hard and frustrating to keep it that way. Well, I gotta quit the bitchin because I love the farm life, so I guess this is what I have to put up with. I hope I am racking up some major good karma here. ( or am I being punished with some bad karma?) AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! OK Look, I have 4 days to clean and get back into the groove of things. A couple of prozac wouldn't hurt either. I know that tomorrow is likely to be a bust in the cleaning dept because mom and dad are coming over for dinner so I will just get a good nights rest tonight ( hopefully) and then clean a little tomorrow and then not let anything bother me after that until after they leave and then a little more cleaning and then on Friday I can get an early start on Really cleaning and maybe a little decorating and then I should feel better. A nice walk in the woods may help too, but its raining today and that doesnt help much because then there are all these wet leaves and everything all over and that just makes it feel dirtier. See what I mean? But heres my plan:

Get Turkey started
have a drink
Vacuum
have a drink
Mop
have a drink
clean bathrooms
take a prozac
sweep patio and maybe put out some decorations
greet my guests and feed them and clean up after them
put prozac in a drink and float into oblivion

No, seriously. I really dont drink that much, and I have never been drunk. I am just being facetious.

And last weekend I shampooed all the carpets and cleaned all the woodwork and stuff and the house felt marvelously clean so I know that I can have that again. Just relax, Cin, there is more to life than a spotless house.

So if anyone reads this and has any advice, I would love to hear it. I could really use some encouragement. But no matter.. Happy Thanksgiving to all! May you all have safe travels and days filled with joy, peace and thankfulness.

2 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger curryegg said...

Hello there. I am curryegg. Saw your blog from rajeev.

I found out that you love the farm life? Me too? It is totally out of those hectic life like in the city. I miss those there when I was staying with my grandma...

:(

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger  Cin said...

hi curryegg! Thanks for the comment, and I am glad you love the farm life too. Would love to hear more about your farm adventures :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home