Sunday, July 08, 2007

What a glorious day it is today. Aside from the fact that it's getting a bit hot out, and quickly at that, the weather is beautiful. Chip had to work at Camco today and I decided to come along for the ride. I love going along with him on Saturday's when he has to work because we get to have a nice little ride together. Sure, I have to sit in the truck most of the day, but it i a great time to think and reflect. I could have gone in to work today, but this is so much better and I think Chip enjoys having me along. And if I stayed at home, I would just read or watch tv and clean, so this way I can just chill and relax with no distractions. That's what weekends are supposed to be for any way, right?

Driving out through Kentucky, I realize that the country we live in is not so much country after all. Sure, we have a farm in a semi-rural area, but the city is so close by - there are way too many people. How great would it be to have thousands of acres and live in a small, close knit community?

The little voice in my head has quieted its calling a bit now that I am working again, but it's still there, whispering to me from time to time to "make a difference". I guess now I am just so busy that I barely have the time to listen to it.

It takes time though. I feel a much deeper calm, more centered and grounded than I did this time last year. And I have made quite a few accomplishments, too. It is really great to learn new things and conquer old fears. This time last year I was not a Master in Microsoft, was not a Notary, was not a title clerk, had not lost 10 pounds, learned to drive a stick, had not met some very special people who now are so important to me - Raka and Karen. All of these accomplishments involved some degree of hard work and courage. And what does the future hold for me?? I know that I am learning to juggle, want to ride a mechanical bull, walk on fire. I would like to really start riding again, maybe get a really nice little horse that Syd and Karen could ride so we could ride together, maybe get Chip to ride with us too. Well, we will see. All I know is that things are so much better today than this time last year. Thank you, Lord. I hope that our lives just continue to get better and better and more loving and joyous all the time. There is still a lot more to learn, lots of new adventures to have, and I hope that it is that way for all of you, too.

Blessings to all!

2 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

wow what a beautiful day to unwind and be with that one person who means the most to you!absolutely brilliant!

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Impressionist said...

Great!
very nice post cin! :)

peace & love
Jeevy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home