Friday, June 29, 2007

The Rains Have Come

Thank goodness the rain has arrived again. Last night it stormed like crazy and while driving home on the expressway, I couldn't see a thing in front of me. I must admit it was terrifying, but thankfully I got home ok. I hope that everyone else got home with no problems too. So now the ground had gotten a good soaking and the plants are happy again. Now lets hope that the grass begins to grow like crazy and we get another cutting of hay.



We are going to go pick up the hay and equipment this weekend. John is coming over at 8:00 in the morning tomorrow to help us. I am really excited about it because we will have a little ( big ) field trip and get our work done. Maybe he will bring the girls with him. Of course this will be lots of hard work so they may not want to come because it really won't be fun for them. But we'll see. I really enjoy hard work when you are accomplishing something. It is nice to get physical and flex your muscles, and that is something I really need to do. Just sitting in that office all day is making me fat! ( well, I guess its all the eating I am doing that is really doing it ). Will try to get some pictures of the hay in the field to post here.



We were talking the other day about flowers and I told the girls how Chip used to put a rose on my windshield once in a while to surprise me at work. Karen said no one ever did that for her, so yesterday I went and got a purple carnation ( she said that was her favorite) and had Harry put it on her windshield. That way when she asked me about it I could honestly say that I did not put flowers on her windshield. Well, she got the flowers and they must have made her happy and today when I got there she was talking about the flowers and I acted like " what are you talking about, I didn't out any flowers on your car". She made me pinky swear that I didn't do it and then she knew I wouldn't lie to her so she couldn't figure it out. It was so much fun to see the look on her face when she was trying to figure out who put flowers on her car. Then she asked me if i BOUGHT the flowers and she had me. I cannot tell a lie. But it was a lot of fun. And Harry got a kick out of it too because he really cares a lot about Karen too. He is such a great guy. Somewhere out there is a guy just like that just waiting for Karen to discover him. Can't wait till she does and finds so much happiness.



Been thinking a lot about a puppy again. Is it time, or isn't it? But if it is, she will come to us.



Work was not too bad this week, and the end of the month at that. When I left today I had all the deals completed, so the only ones I will have to do are the ones sold this weekend. And I have all day Monday to process them. So I am not going to hold my breath and hope there aren't many, because I know better by now. However many deals we get, I can do them. Its nice to be getting a little more confident in myself and my abilities.



Its really cooling off outside and just getting dusky, and I think I will go out for a spin around the field and check out the cows to see if there are any new babies to look for. Plus, must get plenty of rest for the big adventure tomorrow.



Peaceful evening all!

2 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Impressionist said...

Its been rainin heavily here also in bangalore!
but not since 2 days now! I simply hate it when it rains!
damn!
how ru doin btw! :)

peace & love
Jeevy

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

it has been raining in kolkata too..not as heavily as pother cities in india...but today beats it!its water logged everywhere...and we have a rainy day holiday...


btw i got my results yesterday i got a 66% and i stood 4th in class yay!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home