Friday, July 20, 2007

Serendipity

Ahhhh. The title says it all. This has been quite a wonderful week for me in many ways. The weather is beautiful, work has been fun and non stressful, and Chip has been super romantic. Wednesday morning we had a discussion about the puppy and he said I should start looking for a good breeder and asked what I was looking for exactly and what my expectations were. I was floored! So on to work I went to share the good news with the girls. That evening when I got home, he had bought me a bouquet of flowers ( purple and pink ) and a card! Wow. We didn't discuss puppies any more until last night. We decided to go to Larosa's ( we hardly EVER go out to eat) and get some Italian. We had a coupon for a free dessert because of Chips birthday, and had to eat in to redeem it. Then the waitress gave me the wrong pizza by mistake and so we got an extra pizza for free. The dessert was fabulous! Chocolate fudge brownies with Graeter's Raspberry chip ice cream. Three words.. OH MY GOD! So when I paid, I handed her my Discover card with the golden retrievers on it, by mistake because they don't accept Discover. She commented on how cute the card was and that she loves Goldens and has them herself. So of course we asked if she knew any good breeders and as it happens, she is friends with someone nearby who breeds. She gave us her phone number and said to call her and she will get me the information. Plus, her story was that she got her first golden as a college student, and that is how Brandy came to us, a young girl had her and couldn't keep her in her dorm room. The similiarities were boggling. A sign, do you think??

I do feel excited about this, but little scared too. Will we find the right one? Will she find us? Brandy will show us the way.

It is one of those days where I feel extremely greatful for all the gifts in my life. A wonderful loving husband, great animal companions, great friends both in person and on the web, a fantastic lifestyle that I love and respect. So often we look at others and are envious of their lives and the things they possess. Happily, I am content. There is no where else that I'd rather be. Ok, maybe on a movie set with Ron Perlman, at a beach, but other than that :)

The outdoors is calling me to come out and play, and I must heed the call. A good brisk walk around the place will be a perfect close for the day, don't you think? To all of you out there, blessings and love and happiness.

1 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home