Sunday, July 15, 2007

Bovine Communication

Clara was napping in the shade beneath the big oak trees in the woods when I walked up on her and the rest of the herd. She looked up sleepily and rose to her feet when she realized I was amongst them. Then she did the most amazing thing, proving that cows are not as dumb as you may think. She jumped up and pointed herself in the direction of the house, mooed, and started walking away from me. Nothing odd there, right? Usually a cow will try to psych you out and lead you away from her hidden calf by looking in the opposite direction of where she has put it. But this cow started walking and lowing and led me right to her calf. Then she stopped and looked at me as if to say " well, there she is, now do something". So I ran to the house and got the bottle and milk and a halter and ran back to feed the calf, knowing that Clara does not have very much milk herself to offer. When I returned, Clara walked over to me and smelled the bottle. She is not the friendliest of cows, and usually will go out of her way to avoid you, so this was also very interesting to me. But then the calf got startled and started to bolt off, so Clara chased after her and I went on down to the barn to get some sweet feed for Clara. By the time I got back, Clara had rejoined the herd and even though I tried to treat her with the feed, she was not able to eat it because the other cows started milling around wanting the food. So I will have to try again later to get the calf some milk. She seems to be doing quite nicely herself though, so hopefully she is getting enough.

Ron Perlman : Big week there. Got Beauty and the Beast season 2. and Acts of Contrition. And got to watch Acts..., and Hellboy Blood and Iron last night. Yay, a Ron-a-Thon! Golly, I love that man. Pat emailed me this week to let me know that Ron is not in Crime and Punishment, so I don't have to worry about getting that dvd. I was really flattered that she mailed me to let me know. She even watched it again to be certain. Will I get to meet you Ron? And what then?We all know that my fantasy is to work with him. Will that ever happen? Right now I am just enjoying the journey.

Going to go now and cut the grass. I need to get my chores done so I can relax later and read. I am feeling a bit philosophical lately and am reading this book called Happier by Tal- Ben Shahar. It is very technical, not an easy read, but interesting none the less. And it had lots of exercises to do so you can find your own happiness. So you all have a great day!

3 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

dont you worry abt clara...things will be fine
ron-a-thon seems like a great way to unwind...way to go!!!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Impressionist said...

Ron Perlman really rocks!
I was like "WTF man, isd that really ron?" when i saw that makeup in Hellboy! :D
and i hope ur dreams comes true very soon! ;)
have a nice weekend cin!:)

peace & love
Jeevy

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger  Cin said...

Raka, thanks! Seems to be going well so far.

Rajeev, I soo agree with you!Thanks for the well wishes. You guys will be the first to know when I meet Ron ;) Lotsa love!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home