Saturday, February 17, 2007

Digging Out

It is snowing again. Started last night and has continued all day long. Actually it's kind of neat. The snow is coming down and its deep and so quiet you can hear it hit the ground. Kind of like you are in your own little world. I came up with an idea for another story while walking up the pasture to check on the horses. One of these days I may actually write something.

It seems so strange to think back a few months ago when I was feeling so desperate and looking for my purpose. Now I feel like I am on the correct path, even though no great things are really happening just yet. But there is a sense of peace and contentment inside of me. I have made some friends whom I value very much. I have a job now and am enjoying it and the people I work with. I have a lot less free time to bum around, but the feeling of productivity outweighs it. One thing I need to concentrate on is continuing to lose weight. When I was cleaning the barn every day I was getting a lot of exercise and that was helping quite a bit. I need to walk at lunch or something to keep the action going. Maybe I can get myself to get on the elliptical machine each morning for a few minutes. I need to remember how good I feel now that the weight is coming off, both physically and emotionally.

Prudy , Syd and Mason came to see me at work yesterday and we went to Skyline for lunch. I took Syd into the office to show her off to all the girls and they thought she was just precious. And she was quite the little princess too. She answered all of their questions and was very talkative. She is such a sweetie.

Just got back in from feeding the animals and digging Mom and Dad out of the snow. Its a little chilly, but is actually 33 degrees out. That is the warmest its been in weeks. We had been in the teens and even below zero. It will be nice when the creeks thaw and we dont have to worry so much about water.

Went through my Ron Perlman collection today and updated my database. I had a bunch of articles that I had printed out and needed to put in a binder. If Ronnie only knew what a dedicated fan I am. Hee Hee.

Well, I think I am going to warm up with some hot tea and a good book and then watch Hellboy.
I love it when I have the house all clean and all the chores done and we can just settle in and relax. So, until next time... See ya.

3 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

since its nice and cold there...here's a warm hug to keep you going..:)

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

since its nice and cold there...here's a warm hug to keep you going..:)

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger  Cin said...

Raka... Hmmmmm Thanks for the hug!I feel so much better now. :)
Cin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home