Friday, February 16, 2007

Snow Co-Co-Cold

Gee Lordy has it been nasty out there the last couple of weeks. We have had a major snowstorm and an ice storm and tomorrow it is supposed to snow all over again. Enough already!! I am completely worn out. My heart has been beating erratically again these last two weeks, and I hope it is just the stress from the weather. I am watching my caffeine intake and taking magnesium tablets. It seems to be helping some. But really, this snow and ice is getting to be ridiculous. The animals seem to be doing ok, so that is a blessing. I hate to think that they are uncomfortable. But they all have plenty of food and there is shelter if they want it. It is just that we have to really hustle to get everything done after working all day.

Got some pictures of the snow for Raka so she can see what its like here. The ice storm got all the trees covered in icicles and a bunch of them fell down from the weight. It really is beautiful if you can just sit back and watch the weather. I actually enjoyed being snowed in on Tuesday. Chip and I celebrated Valentine's Day early. ( We were snowed in and the electric was out, you do the math :) ) It actually was quite a nice day. I made a big pot of chili and we bummed. I even got to see my judge shows again! I have been missing them since starting work.

I got to go to work with Chip last week. We worked on electric wires, splicing them into a big power box. It was really quite fun. And my job is going really well. Yvonne took the day off today so I was on my own, and it went just fine. There was only one deal turned in and I did it completely all by myself, and it was an odd one too- with an extra payoff and stuff. So I was able to just relax and concentrate and I did it just fine. Kathy said I am doing good, and I know Yvonne wouldn't have taken the day off if she didn't think so. So that's good. And I will be working on my notary soon. That will be cool. The girls at work are so funny, they have me rolling nearly every day. This is so not like the bank!!

So other than the fact that I don't have the freedom I used to and that Chip is having to do most all of the feeding and farm chores, I really enjoy working again.

Ron Perlman: Picked up Hellboy- Sword of Storms yesterday and will probably watch it this weekend as we will be snowed in yet again. What an excellent way to spend a snowy afternoon! Hot chocolate and Hellboy! Couldn't get any better than that except if Ron himself were sitting next to us. Still waiting for Beauty and the Beast to come from Amazon. I pre-ordered, thinking that I would get it right away, but noooo. So I hope it comes soon. Every time the Disney commercials come on Chip and I yell "Go Ronnie!". Oh, and Pro Life should be out next month too. And The Magnificent Seven season 2 will be out right after my birthday in May. Good thing I am bringing home the bacon again. My clippings came too, and there are a bunch of neat ones that I didn't have. So my collection continues to grow.

Well, time to go and change the laundry. Hope to be able to get back to blogging regularly again. Until next time, peace, love and joy to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home