Friday, February 02, 2007

MY OH MY

Zowie, it seems like forever ago that I last got to post to this blog. That's what happens when you have to get a job and go to work. Not that I am complaining, mind you. I have been whining in this blog for months about how hard it has been to get a good job, and now I have one. Yippee! Ok, some of my "fans" have asked for details of the job. First let me say that, after I accepted this position, two more came up that I had been interested in. Boy, it's either feast or famine, I tell you. But so far I think I have made the right choice. It felt good from the first interview, and I just had the feeling that I was gonna get the job.

Ok, so I am a bookkeeper and title clerk at an auto dealership. I am bonded and will get to become a notary, as soon as I take the test. Very important stuff here, people :) There is tons of paperwork! Every car deal has like 100 documents to go through and sort and then you have to cost the deal, do all the financials, and set up all the title work. That is just the deals. You also have to track the gross sales, service contracts, insurance, etc., etc. . I have not yet learned half of my duties. And to top that off, it has evidently been the month from hell there. If it could go wrong it did. Of course, I get to just sit back and watch them clean up the problems, since I don't know how to yet. All in all it's a lot of detail work and you have to be extremely accurate. Exactly what I love! Its all numbers and paperwork and that is what I thrive on. And so far it seems like I am getting along with everyone I work with. These girls like to have a good time and have really great senses of humor. I have been told already by a couple of people that I really fit in there, and I can't tell you how good that makes me feel. After "the place who shall not be named", that is a wonderful relief. So poo poo to you all at "the place". Yesterday, Karen and Yvonne and I were rolling. We were talking about body functions ( you know what I am talking about) and were laughing so hard we couldn't breathe and had tears streaming. Oh, what a relief to be with likable people and to be liked by them.

So, life is a little hectic, but I am falling into a workable routine. I miss being able to do all my chores in the morning and come home and clean the house and watch the court shows and then go down to the farm and take care of the animals. But it is so nice to be bringing home a paycheck and having something to do each day. Remember how lonely and bored I was a few months ago?

I was not able to get the book Raka recommended, Five Point Someone. Rather, the library ordered it in for me and I didn't get in to pick it up within the 7 day period, so they sent it back. I was too ashamed to reorder it again right away. I'll wait a couple of weeks and then do it. Right now I am really too busy to read anyway but when I get more settled into my job and routine, I will again. Chip has been so supportive of my working. (well, of course) He starts dinner for me before I get home, and helps me get the chores done like laundry and garbage and stuff. All those things I used to get done by myself cause I was home all day.

Last Friday was the anniversary of Brandy's passing. Of course something strange happened. First, Friday we were all talking about our favorite dogs at work and I was telling them about her. Then Saturday, Chip and I drove down to get some horse feed and on the way back there were three old Goldens sitting in the yard of a neighbors house. Chip looked over at me and said "yeah, I miss her too". When we got to the farm, another old Golden male came walking in the driveway, big as you please! He followed us around and we kept petting him. He kept whining and pawing at me and I asked what he wanted and he kept nosing my hand and putting his head under it for me to pet him, just like Brandy used to. I reminded Chip that it had been exactly a year. I had this really neat thought but didn't say anything, and then Chip said that he thought it was Brandy who sent the dog to us to give us the message that she was ok and was still there and not to forget her. Exactly what I was thinking. You know how I feel about "signs". So I said a few words (between me and Brandy and the old dog) and a few minutes later, the old dog left. Think what you want.

Ron Perlman: I won a bunch of clippings of Ron from ebay and can't wait to get them. I was hoping to get them today but didn't. Sword of Storms is coming out on dvd so I will have to get a copy. And I am waiting for Masters of Horror ProLife to come out too. Since I have been working I haven't had a whole lot of time to keep up with Ron's comings and goings, but as always I am a faithful fan. I have been able to tape the Disney World commercials and every time one comes on we yell "go Ronnie". Chip has taken to having an imaginary girlfriend called "Ronnette". I wish Ron would google himself and see this blog. Wouldn't that be a scream?

Haven't been able to keep a daily email going with Raka lately. Some because of her being busy and some because of me. I really miss that, but will be happy with whatever we can come up with. It is so nice to talk with her. I feel like she is the little sister I never had. I am so flattered when she asks my advice, and she is always caring and loving.

Am trying to do a little writing but the new job kind of got in the way. I have some ideas but don't want to get started until things calm down a little. Once I know my job comfortably and get very proficient, then I can get involved in my writing again. Oh, by the way, the animal rescue shelter place called me about the job. They were actually offering a little more money than I am making at the dealership, but are a lot farther away and I told the lady that although I was very interested in the job, I had accepted another position and was happy there.

So, I have Rambled quite a bit and if anyone actually reads this, I have probably bored you out of your mind. Take care of yourselves and each other. Spread love. Be kind.

1 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Dipayan (DeepDiveR) said...

Work and stress! Tell me abt it....the last few days have been such that i cud not even read the daily newspapers leave alone blogs!Its either late nights at the office or heavy traveling! Believe u me if u let ur body fling off at 300 m/s all over the skies regularly ur bound to get faigued! whats the way out??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home