Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Have I Found My Calling?

I don't know, but my heart is racing with joy. I haven't felt so good in a long time and my soul is singing. Here's the story. Sunday, some guys came out to cut firewood. Chip was ecstatic because there were three young, strong guys and they were really cleaning the place up. They also gave him beer. So he spent the afternoon driving the tractor, pulling felled trees out of the woods and into the pasture so the guys could cut them up. Later that evening, the one guy went home and brought his little girl and boy out, and they were dying to see the horses. Chip and I had left to have dinner, and the kids got there while we were gone. So when we got back, this sweet little girl and boy were begging to see the horses. My opportunity! I took them out to pet the horses and then remembered that I had a bridle in the truck. We went to get the bridle and I put the kids on Shadow and led them around. They were SOOO excited. And they are great kids, too. Very polite and sweet. I know I made their day, and they made mine too. It felt really good to be able to give something of myself that I love so much, to others.

Then last night, the kids came back, hoping I would be there. Chip went down and they were there and asked him if I was coming down. So he came home and told me and we went back down so I could give them a ride again. I think they had even more fun that time. They were more confident and were very happy. We spent a couple of hours riding until it was time for them to go home, and I asked them to come back today. Well, these kids seem to be really liking this and looking forward to riding, and it reminds me of me 30 years ago. Before they got into the car to leave, Shawna ran over and hugged me. Touched my heart!!

So now I am feeling great. My soul feels like it is doing some good. Again, I am not finding a cure for cancer, but I am bringing some joy to a couple of little kids, and sharing a part of myself in the process. I remember being that age and wanting so badly to be close to a horse. And someone was kind enough to open their world to me, which started my whole horse thing. And if it weren't for the horses, I never would have met Chip. So, you see, everything IS connected. Fate. I feel like maybe I am doing something good for these kids. Maybe they will grow bored with it and quit. Maybe it will be the beginning of a lifelong love, like with me. I don't know, But I am doing what my soul tells me is a good thing. I feel so worthwile.

So there you go. Maybe I am heading toward that path I have been searching for for so long. Bringing happinness to others really makes me feel good. And it makes them feel good, too. Blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home