Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Moving Day For Mom and Dad

My mom and dad moved in down the street officially today. Gads! Time to break out the prozac.
I got the furniture all arranged for them and cleaned it up real good so they can just settle in tonight and rest. They are pretty well beat, and I am exhausted as well. So now we have neighbors. I know my dad appreciates what we are doing for them, cause he keeps saying nice things to me. And believe me, the man has never said a nice word to me in my life. Ah, 'tis no wonder I am such a lost soul.

Speaking of souls, I still haven't gotten any further on my quest for purpose. My heart still cries out for guidance, and I am waiting patiently for that small voice to tell me I am on the right path.We are all here for a reason. Of course the main reasons are to Love and to gain wisdom.

When I look back on my life, I realize that I have learned a lot. Most of it in the last 15 years or so. Though my heart longs for adventure, perhaps my best use is here. But NOW is when I feel the need to do things that had previously terrified me. Look, I left a job to go back to school and not only loved it but did extremely well. I never thought I was smart enough to compete, but I can hold my own quite nicely. I got the top score on the civil service exam . I broke the horses myself. Those are all adventures in their own way. Being an actress is something I have ALWAYS dreamed of, but never pursued, and what an adventure that would be. But my life and my love is here, on this farm.

But there is something else calling out to me as well. It is too faint yet for me to hear. But it is there. Work with the elderly? Write? Work with underpriveledged kids? Be an advocate for animals, at an animal shelter? I pray that my calling turns up the volume. I'm listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home