Friday, August 25, 2006

My Little Boy Is Growing Up

This morning while having breakfast on the back porch, the cows came by the back pasture and Brodie got very excited. I took off his halter and let him go out to them and they all played and bucked and ran like crazy. It was so nice to see him interacting with his own kind. Now I know how mothers feel when they take their kids to the first day of kindergarden. I was so worried about him, and then so happy to see him getting along with the other kids. He really enjoyed himself. My little man.

Thinking about getting another horse lately. Now I know that that is absolutely ridiculous. We already have four, but they are all retired and I'd like something to ride. Peaches could be broken, still, but I am getting too old to take on wild horses. At 18, sure, but 38...too smart now. I remember all the wild rides I had with Rusty, and we both were just kids. I did get Peach tamed, and we have been on her a couple of times, but not in a long time and I don't know how she'd behave. Something to consider.

I believe that I will go out and go for a walk. It is just now getting dark and cooling off, so I can walk the place and enjoy nature. We really are so lucky. People actually pay to go to a park to do the things that we can do in our own backyard. We really are blessed. I guess that me giving up my dream of acting isn't so awful bad. It still hurts, but there are so many blessings in my life. I know that the Universe has something wonderful planned for me that will be fulfilling to my soul, and also to others as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home