Sunday, August 05, 2007

Busy Weekend

Today is the family reunion. Its going to be really hot and yucky out, and right now I feel pretty yucky myself. We went to the campsite last night at about 8:30 to play cards and stopped on the way and picked up some beer and pretzels and salami and crackers. Silly me forgot to bring water, so we had a couple of beers and lots of salami. UHG! I feel awful today. All bloated and icky. How do people go out and drink all the time and enjoy it? And that was only after a beer and a half!A drinker, I'm not. Need some coffee.

Last night Valerie and her husband brought their dog Molly and she spent a lot of time with me getting pats. Dogs must know how much I love them. And when Chip got up yesterday, he was perplexed because Whitey didn't come and greet him as usual, so he went outside to look for her, and there she was, standing the fish pond! She must have fallen in sometime and just stood there until he rescued her. Poor Whitey. So she got a nice bath, which she usually hates but was very good about this time, and I got the scissors and trimmed her up. Please, don't anyone ever let me cut your hair. If you saw Whitey, you would know exactly what I mean.

Paula called last night and said that Annie was to the vet and is ready to come home! I am so excited! Chip said, "isn't it a little early?" , but the breeder said that they were weaned, on regular food, and the vet cleared them to go home. I didn't want to have her keep the pup another week if her mommy isn't going to be near her and all her brothers and sisters are gone. So, I thought, "I know what I'll do!. I have to call Karen and tell her the great news." When Karen answered the phone she was at a resturaunt, and was distracted and couldn't hear me very well. When I told her the good news, guess what? She said the same thing as Chip! Thanks guys. Way to bum out a great time for Cindy. But anyway, just joking. I know they have my best interests ( and Annies) at heart. So I got out all my dog veterinary books and read up on weaning and the best time to bring home a new puppy, and we are ok, she is not too early.

But I did want to call Karen right away and let her know because she is my good friend and I want to share everything with her. Plus I have been a little distracted myself the last few days, with everything on my mind and with month end we haven't had a lot of time to just chat and have fun. Karen was able to show me how to do some of her busy work and I had time to help her on Friday a little bit. Karen, your friendship means so much to me. Normally, I am a loner. People have been cruel to me at times in my life and it has caused me to not trust. A bad trait of mine is that I give people way too much credit right off the bat without getting to know the real them. Then they end up disappointing me or worse. My fault, their fault or both? Don't know. But with Karen, I felt a bond, decided to open up and let her in, and we are having lots of fun.Its great when she comes over to ride Shadow and we get to just chat and hang out- stuff that normal people do all the time. Work has been so frustrating with some things that are going on and we need to stick together to keep our sanity. Not bad stuff for us really, just that some people are getting away with playing all day and being on MySpace, and not doing their work and no one is saying peep to them, while we are all working and picking up the slack and feeling used and abused. The best thing for our sanity is just to worry about ourselves and do our best and not worry about what other people are doing. But it sure is nice to have a friend at work, who shares your same interests and really seems to care about you :)

So today is going to be very busy and we will be at the reunion all day, and then tomorrow we will pick up Annie and go get her some supplies. We did think we'd have another week to get everything together, but like I said, I am not going to let her stay at the breeders all alone. Time to come home Annie.

Really been rambling all over the board today in this post, but I am pretty excited, and feeling nostalgic. And a little scared too. I hope Annie loves us and is happy here.

So, off to fix breakfast for my man! Love to everyone,

Cindy

1 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

my god!too much to do eh????busy lady! but knowing you...you will manage just fine...


and about u judging people...well i have had the same trait but i daresay i have changed..u know the lesson is never judge a person on face value bcz ppl nowdays are superb actors...mind u even close ones..who wont blink an eye harming and using you!

take care and keep smiling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home