Wednesday, August 23, 2006

How to go out on a Date in Queens

"Date in Queens" was released on DVD here yesterday and as promised, I was at the video store bright and early to rent their only copy. I immediately went home and popped it in. Figuring Chip would watch it with me later, I fast forwarded to Ron Perlman's parts and enjoyed. Really enjoyed. Alas, we were not able to watch the movie that evening, due to the fact that those damned cows decided that it was their perfect opportunity to make a break for greener pastures.

Now, there are no greener pastures, mind you. It has not rained in a long time and no hope for rain until at least the weekend. Those bovine bitches actually tore down a barn wall to get at the hay. It seems that the fact that we are putting bales of hay out every night for them is not enough. I am off to Tractor Supply today to get a couple of protein tubs for them to help supplement their diet. We replaced the barn wall last night, put out the hay, and I thought "hmmm, I'd better check by the road and be sure the cows aren't where they're not supposed to be". Well, of course they were.

So we go running to herd them all up and find out where they broke through the fence at. They ran up the field. They ran back down the field. We chased them back up the field. They turned right at the top and charged back down. I called them some words that I do not normally use.It did not phase them one bit. Sticks and stones....

So, ultimately we just let them be. Tonight we will repair the fence and get it hot. They try it again, we'll light them up! Such is life.

I think I will look for "Date in Queens" at the store when I go. If it is priced right, I will definitely get it. The last scene with Ron is well worth it! I wish he knew what a dedicated fan I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home